Re: The FCC and your 8.1 Cyan Update
BDub43
Enthusiast - Level 3

You hit that right on the headed it is the vendors, I bought this phone from Verizon because I knew it was getting the update. The Lumia 930 release with the Cyan Firmware I do not understand the issue.  From a hardware\firmware perspective outside of the LTE bands enabled they are identical.  There should be no holdup from Verizon. Verizon please respond with what the hold up is?  I am a new customer that came from Sprint for this phone only.  AT&T received the update form all its phones and it has been deployed.  You are suppose to have the best network how about release the best software form the manufacturer of the devices you sell. Every employee gets a new phone rather frequently so testing a phone and getting feedback should be a very easy task.

Microsoft should push the update separately from the Carriers through the Developer preview, they made the phone.  It is evidently obvious that the foreign carriers are more friendly to the Mobile Device Manufactures than US carriers. I have already started purchasing other phone unlocked from Expansys or Amazon unbranded(WP of course) that my kids use on T-Mobile, I guess that will be the move going forward.  Updates just come a lot faster and the phones do not have bloatware installed.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

CDMA is completely different than GSM. CDMA requires more code and also more signed keys than GSM. This also requires testing by Qualcomm to get their signed key. Just because they look the same and act the same doesn't mean they are the same

0 Likes
BDub43
Enthusiast - Level 3

I filed my complaint --- Reference Number 14-C00612233

0 Likes
BDub43
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am open to be corrected only if you have facts to support it, I think the 930 works on CDMA and GSM, the LTE Bands are different

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

CDMA when active requires what I said above. If not then it doesn't need to go through the CDMA process. That alone makes the two devices different.

0 Likes
Tepid
Contributor - Level 1

Prove it, where are the documents that state this?

Till then, your posts are meaningless.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You like attacking my information, but not actually reading your fellow "I want the update now" people.  One of them cut and pasted their response from Nokia which specifically targets the "special" radio needed additional testing... Qualcomm only makes 2 radio's now...  Both are universal radios with CDMA in them...  It's a layman term to make it easier to understand that the radio itself needs to be differently because CDMA requires more than GSM.  If you don't use the CDMA portion you don't need to worry about the additional testing.

0 Likes
BDub43
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you look at the specs both the LUMIA ICON and the LUMIA 930 support CDMA the active LTE channels are what's different. The chipset is universal. The difference is the ICON is licked to Verizon the L930 is not locked but the LTE channels are not active for data on Verizon.

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
BDub43
Enthusiast - Level 3

No need to be difficult, read the Qualcomm information. You will notice that the L735 will be release on Verizon and then a GSM carrier later this year. Just look at the specs' for the chip. Older chips had two part numbers newer chipset like the SD800 do not.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

BDub43 wrote:

If you look at the specs both the LUMIA ICON  and the LUMIA 930 support CDMA the active LTE channels are what's different.  The chipset is universal. The difference is the ICON is licked to Verizon the L930 is not locked but the LTE channels are not active for data on Verizon.

I am aware, but the CDMA itself needs signed packages from Nokia as well as Qualcomm to make the radio work.  You do not treat CDMA the same as GSM in that regard regardless if it's a universal radio being used.  When the person told that person about the "special" radio being in the devices was for the fact CDMA development and requirements are different.  I was merely pointing that out.  If you say it in layman terms is saying it without getting overly complicated.