Texting problem on 8x
Cometary

Why does the 8x have such a problem with texting? I keep getting an error message "Can't send, try again" when I try texting and have to reboot the phone. Is this a known issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texting problem on 8x
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cometary,

We understand how important texting is. Let's get your texting restored. Please power your device off and back on. If you have a lot of threads going we encourage you to delete some of them.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Cometary

Hello,

My wife and I have the same phone and we're both experiencing problems when trying to send texts. We've both had our SIM cards replaced, as well as the SIM card tray, and I've actually had my phone replaced with a refurbished one. We still have the problem where occasionally we get a "Can't send, try again" message when we try to send a text. The only thing that clears that is to completely power down the phone. It doesn't always work, but it usually does. This work-around is a pain and shouldn't be happening so we would like to find a solution.

I've deleted most of the threads on my phone and will see if that helps. If not, I would like to know what else we can do.

Thanks,

Keith

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh! You've done quite a bit  already, Cometary.
I do recall an issue with messages, but that was with the older software version. Can you just confirm what software is on your phones?
Go to Settings>About>More Info>Firmware revision number (ROM)
Radio Software Version. 

To clarify, is this for regular messages or MMS messages?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Cometary

We both have:

Firmware version - 3030.0.41301.605

Radio Software version - 0.17.50.0918_3

This problem is with regular text messaging and I haven't noticed it with MMS messages. We don't do as many MMS messages, so I don't know if we would see the problem if we did.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Keith

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cometary Thank you for verifying the device information. The phones are up to date. Is the stock texting applicatin being used (the one that came preinstalled on the phone) or are there 3rd party applications being used to send text messages?

SheritaH_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Cometary

We're using the texting app that came with the phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cometary,

Thanks for that information. I want to make sure that we get this taken care of for you right away. Have you been able to delete the failed message and creat a new one to see if that message will go through? Do you have a lot of text messages saved in your inbox? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Cometary

When I get the error message "Can't send, Try again", I power down the phone completely and restart it. Once it's restarted, I go to Messaging and tap on the "Try Again" link. It usually works but sometimes it takes rebooting twice to get it to work.

I've removed most of the messages in my inbox to see if that helped. I still got the error last Friday with only two messages in the inbox.

Keith

0 Likes
CPatr1ck

I also have this problem, and the only way to fix it is to completely power down the phone and reboot.  Trouble is, it isn't very long before text messaging begins to fail again.

0 Likes