Re: Text Messaging Issues
RLH03
Enthusiast - Level 2

Definitely a software/firmware issue. I don't see how this is hard to troubleshoot or even replicate.

The issue did not exist prior to GDR2 update. Look at the changelogs between GDR1 and GDR2/GDR3, see what is different. I don't see why it is that difficult to discover the root cause. Something obviously had to change.

0 Likes
RLH03
Enthusiast - Level 2

They won't exchange your phone ... they are too greedy, especially now since they have a huge customer base ... they won't care even if you leave for another provider.

Maybe their will be a fix in 8.1 but who knows how long it will take Verizon the push out that update when they get it.

0 Likes
FX45Guy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got Tier2 support to replace all 4 lines of 8Xs with refurbished Lumia 928s.

They were even more than 1 year old.

Couldn't be happier.  Hope everything works out for everybody else.

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

@FX45Guy

So how did you manage to get them to agree to that.

All I could get was another 8 X HTC at no charge or pay for the cover and battery on a Lumina 822 to get it (would be about $70)

So I'm now "testing" a replacement 8 X HTC.

0 Likes
RLH03
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I notices the MMS seem to send fine and are not affected? Seems to only be non-MMS messages. Can anyone else confirm this? 

0 Likes
bnh2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new Verizon Windows Phone - Nokia Icon is released next week. All HTC 8X users should be given a free upgrade to this phone. I've gone through the HTC 8X issues for over half a year and there's been no urgency from Microsoft, HTC, or Verizon to fix the phone. Everyday the phone encounters random reboots, failed messages, network issues, and no sim card errors. When is Verizon going to compensate us for these issues?

0 Likes
bnh2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hopefully we can get 8X replaced with Icon now instead of 928.

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

Well after my second 8 X HTC had the same issues. I got the Nokia Lumina 928 and I have to say how awesome it is to have a phone that doesn't have to have workarounds etc. to use basic functions like text messaging. Smiley Happy

There is no reason for 8 X HTC users to have to continue to suffer through months of issues when there are working Windows 8 phones out there.

0 Likes
smerkerg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't see an easy way to say "+1, me too" but this has happened to me for months as well.  Sometimes sending a text works just fine.  Receiving a text never seems to be a problem.  But eventually I will have an error while sending a text, and I click retry three times and it finally works.  And then other times I will click retry as many times as I choose, and it will never succeed.  It will only work after restarting my phone (or sometimes changing to airplane mode and back).

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

I'd probably push them for another phone.

I'm happy to say that since I replaced my 8X HTC with my Nokia Lumia 928 I haven't had any problems with text messaging at all.

0 Likes