Re: Text Messaging Issues
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

What would be nice is for Verizon to actually acknowledge there is an issue here. One that has been going on Since GDR2.

Please either fix it or let everyone change out their phones for ones that won't have this issue.

Acting surprised to us that there is a problem is insulting to most of us who have had to endure months now of this problem.

0 Likes
this1smine89

It is happening with all phones on my account. Every text I have sent out today has not been received by anyone!! What is going on?

0 Likes
this1smine89

Has anyone responded with the reason this is going on?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info Velcroman! Lets get your device back up and running! Are you using the pre-installed messaging application? I would recommend completing a Hard Reset to correct any internal errors with the device. http://vz.to/1famDZy

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
FX45Guy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Stop reading from the playbook!

Hard resets won't fix it.  Read the thread!

This is a firmware issue, plain and simple that was introduced in GDR2.

HTC, Microsoft, and Verizon need to do some research, and figure out what the heck the problem is.

I had 4 perfect phones before the GDR2 update, and now they are crap and unreliable.

Geezzz...

0 Likes
Velcroman

Ashley

I believe FX45’s reply is accurate

If you check your notes regarding my phone, the hard reset has already been done.

But I will do that again and advise if the situation improves

Regards,

Velcroman

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to see that the hard reset did not resolve the issue here. This issue has been reported to our product team and HTC for investigation. At this time I don't have details on an upcoming software update.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

Most of us have done multiple hard resets of these devices.

We have endured several months of having to deal with this issue.

To no avail by either posted here, visiting Verizon stores or talking with Verizon tech support.

Only progress I got was a one time token credit on my account for the inconvenience a few months ago.

Yet the issue persists.

If Verizon/HTC is unable to fix it then they should either allow us to "upgrade" to another phone or roll the software back to GDR1 which didn't have this issue.

We shouldn't have to keep having to workaround this issue daily for this long.

0 Likes
Velcroman

Does the Nokia Windows phone have the same issue, or does it reside solely with the HTC phone?

I understand the Nokia is superior anyway…

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

@Velcroman 

This appears to be only the HTC phones that are having this issue. People I know with the Nokia phones with GDR3 have perfectly working phones.

0 Likes