Re: Text Messaging Issues
knappk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an Iphone and my son has a texting phone in WI.  We live in different parts of the state and we can not send or receive any text this afternoon?  Verizon texting seems to be down?

0 Likes
lois1958

I am having the same problem I live in ny.

0 Likes
tkolar15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi MarquiaF_VZW,

Do you have something you can reference internally for this known issue? I called today in regards to my phone as it's the second htc 8x i've had and 3rd sim card all with the same issue since GDR2. The support person i spoke with claims they have never heard of this issue before which i know is not true. any help is appreciated

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know this issues is upsetting tkolar15 but I assure you we are aware and we always continue to report issues to ou r device team and manufacture. As soon as we have some information we will provide it to our customers. Thanks for your patience.

KinquanaH_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
captken7

I have had my Windows HTC 8x since September of 2013 and have noticed the same error message, "Can't Send, Try Again"... I wish they would come out with an upgrade or offer free trade-ins to alleviate this problem. Reseting the phone, turning it on/off, cycling Airplane mode tends to work, but I should not have to do this everytime I need to text. Also, sometimes copying the text, deleting the message thread, and pasting it into a new message works.

Please fix this!

0 Likes
M_a_Watts
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife has the same issue and has to restart her phone constantly throughout the day, everyday, as a work around. Our local store stated they have never heard of this issue, so I attempted to send this forum link to them for reference, but they refused to accept it. They forced us to try a factory reset, which still has not resolved it. Why is it so difficult to admit the flaw and allow a loyal customer the option for a new phone to replace the one that does not work?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

M.a.Watts, we don't want this to be an issue for your wife too. Usually, a hard reset will resolve any software issue on your phone. However, did your wife redownload the same 3rd party applications that she had before? Some application software can affect the performance of her device. Is there any physical or liquid damage on her device at this time?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
M_a_Watts
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not a 3rd party application, nor did I mention any 3rd party applications in my original post, so I am not sure where you got that information from/made that conclusion.

There are no 3rd party applications on the phone at the moment as we have not downloaded any apps following the hard reset. She has had to restart her phone approx 20 times a day since the reset on Saturday, 8/2/2014, in order to be able to send text messages from the phone.

This is highly unacceptable and I will be returning to the store where we purchased the phone to request a new one. If we do not received one, we will contact the local news station to inform them of this breach of contract and the fact that Verizon is forcing its customers to continue to use defective devices without replacing them and/or their only option is to purchase a new one a full price.

This has to be the worst customer experience I have ever seen and the complete disregard for the fact that this is a known flaw in the device that is being reported over and over (do a Google search if you are curious) without anything being done to correct the issue or replace the defective devices is unsettling.

And no, we have not gotten the device wet or dropped it, or damaged it in any way.

This is a firmware issue between HTC and Verizon that has been ongoing since October 2013 when GDR2 was released. It has been almost a year and with GDR3 being reported as the resolution we were hopeful this would resolved, but upon its release we discovered that the issue has gotten worse. Now with the hard reset my wife went from restarting her phone 8 to 10 times a day, to now over 20 times, which she gives up after a certain point.

So what is Verizon's intentions to correct this issue? What is the outlook or time frame for a resolution? Will customers that have been forced to deal with this issue for almost a year, still be forced to deal with it or will Verizon provide these customers with new phones (other than a refurbished or another HTC Windows 8x phone)?

0 Likes