Text Messages not coming in or out & Native Apps not working
ddvelin

I've had zero problems with my 8X until I left the state for Christmas. While on vacation, it became apparent that not all the text messages being sent to me were getting through.

I thought the issue cleared up when I returned home, but yesterday it has gotten worse. I don't seem to be getting any text messages and only some of the time will the phone let me send a text message. when it refuses, i have the option to touch the "send" button, but nothing happens.

Around this same time, my hotmail, corporate email and calendar live tiles and apps have started failing. The calendar will show up empty 75% of the time. Hotmail is in a continual "syncing" state and rarely let's me open email (when I try it just dumps me back to my home screen).

I've checked for updates and none are available. Turning off the phone and back on fixes the phone occasionally and only for about 30 minutes before the issues come back.

any ideas?

ddv

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Messages not coming in or out & Native Apps not working
djs07

Haven't had the calendar issues but had not received texts for 5 days on my HTC 8X...could send without a problem.  Turned phone off/on today and seemed to start working again.

0 Likes
ThisIsNiceStuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its happend to me twice now, just tonight was the last. First time was about a month ago. All I did was restart the phone and it fixed the it. The problem is I have no idea when this will happen again and it makes me super paranoid about my messaging now. All my sent text message work but incoming do not work when this problems happens. Did some searching and found others with the same issue over at the Windows Phone forums on Microsoft.

I really hope an update comes along for this. Im already struggling with WP and considering switching to Android.

0 Likes
ThisIsNiceStuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

FYI:

Others have stated this could be an issue with the Skype or Facebook app. I have since then uninstalled both. Not sure why this be an issue but i dont use either one so it was no skin off my back. Also for any mod's reading this, I have wiped my phone several times so its not a simple reset issue, its a software problem. This is something that has happened to plenty other users. I know there has been one updated already for the 8X but only T-mobile customers have gotten this one (sad really that we still left out). Audio and few other issues were being fixed by this update so im not sure if our problem will be addressed.

This problem has me thinking as data does not seem to be affected as its only incoming SMS (for me). I am still able to send texts, get emails and message over WhatsApp (as that deal with data only). I really hope we can get a response that this has been brought to Verizon attention. I plan to turn in a tech ticket to Verizon but I do not feel a replacement device will solve the problem as this appears to be widespread.

0 Likes
dragons2rme

Try shutting your phone down for about five minutes and see if it helps

0 Likes