Re: Taking my Windows Phones + 3 others and leaving Verizon
JaredRH
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to return my 2 Icons in the 14 day return window. Tech un-support talked me out saying that there was an update "next week" that would solve the problem. Now 2 months later and no update. Just called and was told that it will cost me $612 to change phones. Shame on you Verizon!!!

Not applicable

Try Cellbreaker.  You may be able to get out of your contract without paying ETF.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Quit spamming that stuff it's a scam.

carmensidari
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will also as soon as my contract is up. What joke by Verizon to tell you update 8.1 coming soon. I don't think you will ever see it on the Lumia Icon.

SoftEngineer
Enthusiast - Level 2

You must be a young consumer; you're too trusting.  You NEVER take any business's word for ANYTHING unless you get it in writing with a management signature.  I was told the same thing about my ATIV SE.  On day13, I told them I want an exchange or a written agreement.  The store manager said she would rather see me exchange the phone than risk me picketing her store since she wasn't allowed to give me a written agreement.  She even waived the $70 fee for two phones.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Have you used them?  (Answer: no)

I'll be posting updates on my progress getting out of Verizon shortly.  Make sure to cry about it when I do.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I don't have too use them. FACT: You sing a 2 year agreement an you leave before 2 years you're paying an ETF. PERIOD