0 Likes
Re: T-Mobile announced Lumia 810
Gcombs
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
jrlrph
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been thinking of how Nokia, Microsoft, and Verizon have been neglecting to give us the over the top  advertising and promotion one would think they would need to do to promote they're products in order to drive business.  they've been very secretive, overprotective, and almost anemic with their attempts to move the windows 8 platform forward.  I'm sure the exec.'s at each company know what they are doing and aren't neglecting the potential to propel they're business.  Nokia needs a high octane boost to get back in good financial shape, Microsoft is comfortable but obviously needs to stay ahead of the competion or risk falling behind, and Verizon has stated that it desperatly needs a 3rd cell phone ecosystem to thrive and not be too dependent on Apple for business.  However, I thought Nokia's September 5th demo of their upcoming lumia line seemed kind of subdued and lacked that slam dunk attitude you would think they needed.  Microsoft has been very hesitant letting out any info. on either Windows 8 or WS8, just enough to keep us interested.  Verizon, well, they treat the whole thing like its a matter of national defense or something.  I'm thinking that neither Nokia nor Microsoft have shown all their cards.  I think they've let out just enough information to keep people talking... speculating on what the hell they are thinking...  let the competition feel like they pose no threat.  I think both companies have something that will absolutely blow the doors wide open with both the os and the hardware.  I think the Nokia have two more phones unreleased that are even a step up from the 820 and 920 that they've reserved for the carrier that will offer them the best chance of regaining market relavance and microsoft has something equal planned for what window's 8 is capable of.  Just wait for october 26 and 29.  It will be big.

Ok, now back to the real world and off my fast road to insanity.  This will be the death of me.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Well, that would be nice.  There has been speculation, and it's very strongly speculated even with images, that Microsoft is working on their own Surface Phone

Microsoft has some of us that have developed Windows Phone apps in the past not too happy with them, as well, with their "national security" secrecy.  Last year, when the Mango update was coming out, I was running Mango on my phone for something like a month or two prior to the general release.  They let it out for devs, so that we could update our apps and they'd be ready for Mango.  But this time around, they haven't even let us get our hands on the SDK (Software Developer's Kit) for Windows Phone 8.  There is a very tight limited release, only to a very limited number of top developers.  The rest of us, well, we're being told how to future proof our apps. Yeah, not what we want to hear.... 

When you're a guy like me, with a full time job, developing in the evenings when you have time, it might take a few months to write a decent app.  I want the SDK as early as I can get it.  Not AFTER the release of the phone, which is what they're going to do.

0 Likes