So the HTC Trophy is no longer on display at stores
aphrophyre
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can only see our support getting worse as the days go by. I asked a store manager if they knew anything about the latest 8701 update coming to the Trophy, and also messed around asking if they knew any other Windows Phone devices coming to the carrier. Nary a peep out of the manager. Verizon is all Droid all day.

Labels (1)
Re: So the HTC Trophy is no longer on display at stores
aphrophyre
Enthusiast - Level 1

@JoeL_VZW Any information on this topic?

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

heard the same thing here (major market) as my cousin went to get a Trophy and was pushed to an android HTC and iPhone. Maybe the Nokia 7xx will be announced Monday for Verizon.

Mpippa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here in Miami the HTC Trophy is still on display. I went in to get one, the sales people were nice, but I think they would have preferred I bought two empty tin cans and a string instead. I told them I did my homework and knew the phone was solid. Got my phone. Happy.

misskitty805
Enthusiast - Level 2

the HTC TROPHY is a really good phone with excellent battery life.  The good phones seem to always end up discontinued earlier than the pieces of crap phones.

aphrophyre
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here in NY its all but gone. I had sprung the leak of the imminent Mango release on VZW way back, and thought maybe I can go see whats up with 8701 from the floor model. No dice this time. If you could check and see if the floor model got any updates beyond mango & the radio update that would be nice!

0 Likes
djross95
Enthusiast - Level 2

I love my Trophy as well, it's far and away the best phone I've ever owned.  I was lucky and bought the phone from a Verizon employee who owned a Windows phone and liked it.  He knew what he was doing and made my decision seem like a wise one.  No one else in the store gave a crap, though, they all wanted to sell Droids.

I have a fair amount of the disappearing keyboard bug, so I wish Verizon would release the 8701 update.  Given their attitude toward Windows Phone, though, I'm not holding my breath.  What a way to treat your customers.....

kkaplan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I see that AT&T is putting out 2 windows phones (set to release march 18, 2012) from Nokia. Here is the more advanced one: http://www.tecca.com/news/2012/01/25/nokia-lumia-release-date-price/, and I have read there will be a cheaper/smaller one as well for the lesser tech person.

0 Likes
Morbid_Fun

I have ran into the same crappy experience in the stores. No one seems to care what I had to say regarding Windows Phones. I switched a four line family plan from Sprint to Verizon and I have been questioning that decision ever since. No support for Windows Phones, $50 more per month compared to what I had before, data restrictions, and no easy locater option that does not cost alot for the lone Android in our family. The primary reason for the switch was because I was on the border between good and bad signal with Sprint at our new home in Washington, but VZW was strong. As soon as Sprint's network upgrade is rolled out here I am switching back.

0 Likes
scolab
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought a lightly used Trophy on Ebay just so I wouldn't have to get locked into a two year plan with VZ. I've been with this company since my StarTac days. I love my Trophy and refuse to buy a droid or iphone. The Trophy just works. My wife and daughter will be up for renewal next month. If VZ has nothing on the horizon, I'll be jumping ship to AT&T just to get a new WP7, or maybe even TMobile. Either way we'll even save money over VZ and be able to get the phones we want!

Are you listening, Verizon?!?!?!  Or maybe losing a few thousand customers to the competition doesn't matter to you?  Now that's just plain arrogance. 

0 Likes