So close to selling iphone and get the trophy but have a few questions
ericreinhardt
Contributor - Level 1

Ok just came back from verizon and I was checking out the new trophy. I have to say I like alot. I like so much im thinking of selling my verizon iphone to get. Before I do I had a few questions. First can I import all my itunes songs I purchased to the Trophy? Second can I use my msn email address on it I know it uses live etc but not sure about msn. Third question is hows the battery life. My iphone has great battery life. Also how is the music playback with headphones in. My last question is can I install more memory.  All and all how to you rate the trophy and windows 7 phone. Thanks again in advance.

Eric

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: So close to selling iphone and get the trophy but have a few questions
bobrhine
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can import your itunes songs using the Zune software. You will be able to use your MSN email account just as you would hotmail. Battery life depends on what you're doing, but I believe its not as good as the iPhones but it is pretty standard for smartphones these days. Music playback is great because it basically is a Zune. You cannot install more memory.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bobrhine
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can import your itunes songs using the Zune software. You will be able to use your MSN email account just as you would hotmail. Battery life depends on what you're doing, but I believe its not as good as the iPhones but it is pretty standard for smartphones these days. Music playback is great because it basically is a Zune. You cannot install more memory.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I think the battery life is pretty good.  I played Krashlander for more than an hour sitting in JoAnn Fabrics yesterday as my wife did her shopping, streamed part of a movie over Netflix at a graduation party, showing friends what the phone could do in that respect, of course did my share of web surfing, took some pictures, and tried to video the laser show at Stone Mountain Park last night.  I did plenty more throughout the day, but those are just a few of the things I did.  I'll say that I'm a power user.  I do throw it on the car charger when in the car, but that's usually not for much time at all.  The battery finally died at nearly midnight, in the church bus, on the way back from Stone Mountain (didn't have charger with me). 

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

hopmedic wrote:

I think the battery life is pretty good.  I played Krashlander for more than an hour sitting in JoAnn Fabrics yesterday as my wife did her shopping, streamed part of a movie over Netflix at a graduation party, showing friends what the phone could do in that respect, of course did my share of web surfing, took some pictures, and tried to video the laser show at Stone Mountain Park last night.  I did plenty more throughout the day, but those are just a few of the things I did.  I'll say that I'm a power user.  I do throw it on the car charger when in the car, but that's usually not for much time at all.  The battery finally died at nearly midnight, in the church bus, on the way back from Stone Mountain (didn't have charger with me). 

Oh - and the funny thing while I was playing Krashlander at JoAnn Fabrics...  I was sitting on a couch, and this little Japanese kid, about 5 years old or so, sat down on an end cap across from me.  You could tell he was listening to the sounds coming from the phone.  Next thing you know, he's standing behind me watching me play over my shoulder.  I looked and smiled at him, and he smiled back.  I would have let him play, but I didn't want parents to think I was some kind of perv (they were not in the line of sight).  It's a shame our world has become one where you have to worry about that.  But I thought it was cool that that 5ish-year-old and this 43 year old man connected because of a video game on a phone. 

0 Likes
ericreinhardt
Contributor - Level 1
Well I just ordered on verizons website. With my discount I got it for 99 dollars. The only thing is they lack accessorys for it. They dont even have a screen protector. Does anyone know of a good place to get. Also could I download zune software now and than when my phone comes sync it.
0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

ericreinhardt wrote:
Well I just ordered on verizons website. With my discount I got it for 99 dollars. The only thing is they lack accessorys for it. They dont even have a screen protector. Does anyone know of a good place to get. Also could I download zune software now and than when my phone comes sync it.

I bought a snap-on case from the Microsoft Store in Atlanta yesterday.  I have also seen them on ebay.  You may be able to order online from Microsoft Store.  Screen protectors, I haven't seen any yet, but when I get into town later, I may grab a package of the universal screen protectors from Best Buy.  Not sure if they will be too small or not - I'll have to find out.

Yes, you can download Zune, start looking through Marketplace, make a list of apps you want to try.  You can also set up your Live account to sync contacts to the phone if you aren't already using Live for your contacts and such.  You can see more info on the thread I started last week.  I think it was called Getting Started or something like that.

0 Likes
hogs518

I would definitely recommend a new battery. This one is only a 1300 and I fly through it. The one Verizon offers is a 2100 but it sticks out the back, keeping you from getting any case. I ordered an 1800 that fits normally from Mugen Power for $50, so I'd recommend that.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, I had a battery for my old Touch Pro that stuck out, but it worked out because the place that had the battery had a case that went with it.  But I'd say if you're going to get one that sticks out, go all the way, and get the 3600 mAH battery from Mugan. 

0 Likes
bobrhine
Enthusiast - Level 2

let us know how that mugen battery works out. i'm curious to see how good it is. if it good, i might pick one up myself.

0 Likes
cgon
Enthusiast - Level 3
Overall the Trophy is a great little device. Windows Phone 7 is a fantastic platform and is only getting better. Sure you can nitpick it and find many shortcomings but there's no need to.

Being a Zune HD user, I love the Zune experience and highly prefer the Zune software over iTunes. Media playback is great and will get better with Mango (Smart DJ finally). I wish they had gone all out with Zune media controls. That's my only beef. Press the volume rocker and you get this small top bar with media controls. It works but not as effectively or beautifully as the Zune HD which utilizes a full screen overlay.
0 Likes