Re: Slap in the face
DancingDave
Enthusiast - Level 1

you can always sign up for a developer account and let MS put the OS on your phone.  It runs fine on a Icon.  I have a little issue with a delay in the phone turning on some times, but that is minor.  Cortana is awesome and the firmware is probably not the big a deal.

May we unlock our hardware from the wireless corporate headquarters soon!

0 Likes
Vistary

We need Denim which is the firmware upgrade, without it lots of new OS's feature will be useless.

0 Likes
Blue4293

I've been running the Preview Build of Win 8.1 on my Icon for sometime now. Like DancingDave above I have noticed the delay in turning on...not every time but quite occasionally. Also, email is acting strange now...sometimes refreshing by itself and other times needing to be forced to refresh. There are a few other minor glitches now and again which I can only attribute to the firmware upgrade that goes along with the OS update which Verizon seems to delaying.

0 Likes
KingMaple13

You can use the Msft Band with the Icon. I've had a Band for months, and my Icon is still (obviously) on Black.

0 Likes
PreacherJT
Enthusiast - Level 2

File an FCC complaint online. When the executive offices call from Verizon, let them know how you were tricked. FCC Complaints

0 Likes
spinr0k
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you VZ for the release, as stated before you would make less enemies if you were more transparent with what you are doing.  You are horrible with your customer service.  I dread having to deal with Verizon and Verizon Wireless.  Well, Verizon Wireless now that we are getting off of Verizon's Landlines.

Anywho, now I can buy the band and use it to its fullest and get the apps I could not get before.  All this from a phone that VZ doesn't even sell anymore, how ironic.

Hey Cortona, who has the worst customer support?

Cortona: VERIZON!

0 Likes
spinr0k
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now to find somewhere with the band in stock Smiley Sad

0 Likes