Re: Should Verizon's lack of response to Windows 8.1 update questions gives reason for pause.
Tstan053
Enthusiast - Level 2

If those commenting on this thread want to debate who knows more about

product development than the other .... or who thinks they have an inside

scoop ... go and create your own thread.

My question isn't about how soon .... it is to express concern about a

management team failing to communicate with their customers. Customers who

own Nokia Lumina Icons. Verizon has been mute. Not so with their other

updates in the past with other OS platforms.

My uniformed guess is it has to do with supporting the HTC device. While,

if true, such a decision certainly enhances HTC's marketing opportunity but

it can also turn Icon owners into a red headed step-child.

My personal decision to purchase the Icon was partially based on Verizon

employees pitch on WP 8.1. Whether a sales pitch is made by the CEO or the

agent in the store it is still being made by Verizon ... that is all that

matters.

Want to know about Verizon's stance on updates ... go to their device

update page. They already have gone on "the record" that they do OS

updates .... nothing else needs to be said.

This is about $$$$.

I don't want to hear about CDMA vs GSM testing or who knows more about the

development process. I worked at the FCC approved testing lab in Chandler,

Arizona that tested Nokia phones for Nokia. So stop talking about things

you actually know little about just to razzle other commentors. Go start

your own thread. All that you are doing is turning a valid question into a

deflection of the real issue.

Verizon's total silence is a lack of customer service to the millions of

people who bought the Icon. Let me see ..... millions times hundreds of

dollars in charges each month equals hundreds of millions of dollars each

month. That should be reason enough to keep their Icon owners informed.

Refusing to say anything is a bad management decision. With the thousands

of questions on the subject from Icon owners I think Verizon's management

in charge of PR needs to be replaced because they don't get it.

Re: Should Verizon's lack of response to Windows 8.1 update questions gives reason for pause.
CharterCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also suspect delaying the upgrade is a business decision. Well I can play that game too, I was considering switching my home to FIOS, will never happen now. I am lucky there is competition in my area and what I pay for my current service is reasonable.

Although I have no complaints about my wireless service and have no plans to switch to another provider, there is no justification for the delay. Verizon should have dedicated the necessary resources to handle this upgrade. The Windows Phone operating system is superior compared to what is out there presently, will only get better with time and gain market share due to Microsoft not being hindered by the antitrust litigation and oversight. Verizon management is just being penny wise and pound foolish, they could be making hundreds of dollars more a month from me and my family plan member.

Not applicable

You start your own thread. You are coming late into the thread and the conversation.

Verizon will allow an update when they are good and ready.

You have no business demanding anything. Let alone Verizon's stance on when or if it will be forthcoming.

They post the information they want at the communications page. Tough if nothing is said. They don't have to tell you anything.

They sell you a connection to the wireless and data network. Period.

They owe you nothing else.

You must have a working device to access the service. That is your responsibility not Verizon wireless.

And I personally don't care if you test any devices. Your word on it does not sway anyone.

And this is an open forum, anyone can post or respond even you. So you telling people to post elsewhere is not even worth you writing.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

The device has a manufacturers one year warranty. On a sealed device the battery should be covered.

Since software runs hardware it may be possible that an update could have cause the initial problem. It is possible another minor fix sent out may correct the issue.

However a product not performing as designed is in no way obligatory to the cell carriers. It is a manufacturing defect. Verizon warrants nothing pertaining to device failures.

Just like if any update pushed out to devices cause strange behavior like you can read on the forum with Apple and Android updates.

I don't believe a safety issue would be stopped by a cellular provider. However these types of safety issues are squarely on device makers, not Verizon wireless.

Many of these device makers could just as well provide a safety update via their own websites.

Additionally if a general wide safety issues was known I am sure other avenues would be used to correct the problems. Such as device recalls, Federal Government Safety agency alerting the public.

Other than that it is not any issue a customer could go to court against Verizon for. Device makers yes.

Have a nice Friday

0 Likes
Tstan053
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI ... I did start this thread!

Not applicable

Ha ha you know you did!

I have responded to so many of these crazy threads I am starting to see them as one long thread.

Mea Culpa...

0 Likes
Tstan053
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mea Culpa accepted.

Not applicable

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/customer-agreement

Note the last paragraph. Makes no difference what was told to you to sway you to your device choice.

Has to be in writing.

Carriers like Verizon, T-Mobile, Beating Down Windows Phone? | Windows Phone content from Windows IT...

And those figures you are giving for windows phone sales, well let's just say it would be hard pressed to say it is generating huge money for Verizon wireless. Maybe a $100,000 revenue stream. Possibly less.

Just look at all the crazy hoopla over the new iPhone 6 going on now. That my friend is sales clout.

Have a nice Friday

0 Likes
CharterCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to thank you for starting this thread. It has helped me to decide that using one company for communication services is very unwise.

Not applicable

Tstan053 wrote:

Mea Culpa accepted.

Very kind of you

0 Likes