Sending/Receiving Picture Texts
LauraMac

Can someone please help? When I receive a picture text it says "get media content now" but when I tap on that it just dings and displays the same message. Also, I can't send out picture texts. It just says, "unable to send". I had this fixed once but had to do a reset and now I can't remember what I did to fix it.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sending/Receiving Picture Texts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your cellular data connection turned on and active?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LauraMac

My son tells me that I need to turn on mobile data but I'm not really sure where to find it. This is my first windows phone and I'm still learning how to navigate it.

Cellular data connection is turned on - not sure how to tell if it's active.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello LauraMac! Thanks for bringing your concern to our community. Thanks as well to my friend Ann154 for assisting! Yes, it would appear that having the device set against mobile data is preventing picture messaging. Disable WiFi by going to Settings> WiFi. Make sure that WiFi is turned off before trying your picture message again.

DionM_VZW.
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
thattori

I am having the same difficulty. I have tried it with wifi on and off. Any additional suggestions would be welcome.

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Log into your Verizon account online and go to Manage Family Safeguards & Controls, then to Blocks and Unblock Services and make sure that picture service is not blocked. If it is checked, unchecked it, soft reset your phone and try it again. If it is not checked, take you phone into a Verizon tech and let them correct the issue.

0 Likes
safesax
Enthusiast - Level 1

When this happens to me I have to reboot, my phone (hold the power button and volume down until it reboots). This usually fixes this problem (and many others...I do this quite a bit and I'm on my second phone).

0 Likes