Samsung ATIV SE update to 8.1 OS
Bugge

I am about to be eligible for a phone upgrade. I am interested in the Samsung ATIV SE windows phone. I want to know if the update to the 8.1 OS is available? My computer runs 8.1 OS so it is a deal breaker.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung ATIV SE update to 8.1 OS
gar-bear

You're with Verizon and you are thinking of getting a Samsung ATIV SE? Don't!!  Verizon's track record for upgrades is not the best.  Their track record for doing Windows updates and upgrades is horrible.  Why do  an upgrade when you can go out and buy their next "Great" Windows phone with 8.1 already installed.  The Samsung ATIV SE is a good phone and has served me well for the last 5 months.  I have however given up on Verizon putting out the 8.1 update .  It ain't going to happen.  I think Verizon is doing Window phone users a great disservice by not following through and putting out the update. 

Oh Please Verizon surprise me and put  out the update.  Restore my faith in Verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon announces Windows Phone 8.1 upgrades for Lumia 822 and Lumia 928

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ambicadu
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am extraordinarily upset by the delay and/or refusal to offer this upgrade to Windows 8.1 for the Samsung ATIV SE.  I should have researched phones a bit more I suppose before purchase.  But after this long a wait for the update I will very likely not remain a Verizon, Samsung or Microsoft customer for much longer.  Shame, because the phone has potential to be very nice.  Another network and Android here I come I guess.

0 Likes
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

Why not just get the ICON? It is an all around better phone and we have been promised the Denim update in early 2015, so I think it would be soon, probably sooner than if the ATIV gets the update. Microsoft store still sells the ICON (free with contract): Buy Nokia Lumia Icon for Verizon - Microsoft Store

0 Likes
DeeCT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Check out CNET's Newsletter regarding Windows 10  "The company (Microsoft) earlier said that Windows 10 would come as a free upgrade to Windows Phone 8.1 devices."

I guess we won't be getting Windows 10 on our Samsung ATIV SE unless Verizon upgrades us to 8.1  Waiting patiently here for over 6 months.

0 Likes
LTCSTAN

Waiting for 10 months.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Given the track record updating WP on Vzw combined with the age of the device plus Win10 not coming out till later this year, I wonder myself what the chances are of any present WP on Vzw getting any update.

0 Likes