SMS reminders
pva

Hello,

I have Nokia Lumia 822. One thing I cannot understand about it. When I receive a text message, the phone alerts me only once, so if the phone is not with me at the time message is received - I won't know about it unless I watch the messages window on the screen all the time. I've missed already several messages this way.

With my previous phone I had an option to repeat the alerts every 5, 10, 15 or more minutes, but I cannot figure out how to set this up with Nokia, I cannot find anything appropriate in Settings. It is unlikely that Nokia is missing such an important feature, perhaps I just cannot find it.

I would appreciate any advice on this.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SMS reminders
primortal
Master - Level 1

This is the nature of Windows Phone and not Nokia.  Microsoft uses Live Tiles to show you what needs attention.  If you haven't already you can pin text messages to your lock screen this way you just need to turn on your phone to see if you received any text messages.  Other than that there is no setting that will remind you that you have a unread text message.

On the flip side I miss the notification light I had the HTC Touch Pro II.  The notification light would tell me that my phone either has an email, text message, voice mail or missed call.

0 Likes
Re: SMS reminders
pva

Thank you.

Yes, it seems that it's a Windows issue, although it's still strange to me that this cannot be built in into the phone native settings. Nokia has an app Remind Me for this, but not for Windows. Nothing like this is available in Windows store.

0 Likes