Random Reboots
nlave
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is anyone who is using the 8x having random reboots? I've had my 8x replaced once because at random times the phone would just turn off then power up again. This has happened during calls, composing texts and browsing the web as well just sitting on the desk. I know Microsoft has acknowledged that there is an issue and that they are releasing a fix with the Portico update but no one at my Verizon store is aware of it. Pretty frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Random Reboots
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Yes we are all waiting for the Portico update which was released about a month and a half ago, yet Verizon has no concern for releasing the update anytime soon. Don't worry about the Verizon Store employees. Majority of are exactly the type of customer services Verizon offers: complete garbage. I went to the stores couple of times, when the Windows Phones were about to release on Verizon, majority of them had no clue what the Windows Phones were or how they operate. One even tried to convince me to buy an Android phone while I am asking him to see the windows phone. Like their Corporate bosses, Verizon employees are in bed with Android or Iphone and that's all they know and care about. Then in about 2 months Verizon is going to come out and complain about how Windows Phones don't sell very well with Verizon and they will wonder why.

I guess Verizon doesn't care about the meaning of "No employee goes untrained and no customer leaves unsatisfied". Verizon cares more about their 4G LTE Network and they are under the impression, customer needs Verizon more than Verizon needs customers.

So just hang in there and hopefully Verizon will release the Portico update soon, considering the fact that AT&T and Tmobile has already released the update

nlave
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I've dealt with Verizon's poor updating with the Thunderbolt so I'm not holding my breath and am looking to return the device.

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry to hear that. 8x is a great phone but I understand. What happened with the Thunderbolt experience if you don't mind me asking?

0 Likes
nlave
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its been a long wait for ICS on the Thunderbolt. Last year it was supposed to be released and the due date came and went. Same thing happened with the Galaxy Nexus which is two updates behind all the other carriers. So getting an 8x and finding out that the 8x on other carriers were updated when Microsoft released the Windows Phone update a month ago with no sign of the update from Verizon I can't help but be discouraged.

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Yea I don't understand what is the matter with Verizon. Why are they so stringent about giving out timely updates. It's ridiculous

0 Likes