Re: RUMOR: Microsoft dropping Verizon: No more windows phones?
ilikeverizonwireless

As I said in here: 

"Its not Verizon, I think its just Microsoft does not like CDMA.  Any phone that has CDMA, Verizon will get it but, you will also get the witch(Sprint), begging on their nee to also, get the phone.  Its a fact that no company wants to give their best phone, to the witch, that is why they try their best to steer clear of CDMA.  We all know why, they will try too keep the phones to themselves, I think it in their witchcraft rules. 

Technically the thing is Microsoft does not want to give the witch a good phone I think, so that is why they are steering clear of CDMA all together.  You may ask what about the Icon or the 928 back then?  Well when the 928 was being created, SprintNextel (Sprint back then) was using iDEN, it was only after a few months when the 928 was being sold did Sprint switch to CDMA. 

I think Verizon got the message and is trying to steer clear of the witch, by 2021.  The witch still has no plans of turning into a LTE network only.  "

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

47seijar wrote:

This is a silly rumor started by a couple of honked off fanboys because they're in a snit about the Lumia 950. They can't get it on Verizon BECAUSE OF MICROSOFT'S DECISION TO BLOCK THE CDMA BANDS so they're lashing out. At the completely wrong company! If you want to be mad, blame the company that is really responsible - Microsoft.

Microsoft didn't block them.  The just didn't add them.  Just like Samsung doesn't add them to the active versions they make for ATT and most of the international and Asian phones dont add them.  The majority of carriers in the world are GSM.

0 Likes
ilikeverizonwireless

dexman wrote:

Antonio, Verizon Wireless is not carrying any high end Windows phones. Microsoft skipped CDMA certification for the 550 and 950s. Only customers of at&t, T-Mobile and their respective resellers will be able to use those models. The best that VZW can do at this time is offer up the Lumia 735. It is a nice phone for sure, but, it is not a high end/flagship.

I think the thoughts about Microsoft and Verizon Wireless has taken a wrong turn.  I think Verizon Wireless is not the problem, I think just the current cell phone market is the problem.  It looks like even if the 950 actually first came to Verizon Wireless, it would have had a doomed fate and would have been over shadowed by another phone, and I think Microsoft knew that, so they avoided Verizon.  Microsoft already is avoiding the witch (Sprint), the witch does not even have a single Windows Phone being sold now, compared to two or three years ago when they had 3 types of Windows Phones available.  Thus, I think that is why Microsoft dumped 'CDMA'.

If you think about it, Android has the majority of the market, and on top of that, if Microsoft were even not to skip CDMA verification, the  likely hood would be that still many people would go for the, Motorola Droid Turbo 2 - Star Wars Edition | Verizon Wireless as long as its available, its specs are almost or very similar or better than the 950, such that the only difference from it and the 950 one can say is just the OS.

If Windows OS on phone is third compared to Android which is first, you are just saying that by Verizon selling the 950 also, is like them selling a copy of another phone with another OS, and many people would just skip the 950 and would go for the Motorola.  Its called marketing, if you have too much of the same or almost the same thing, you will be wasting money, than selling something totally different and having a broader market.

Also, keep in mind, Microsoft Apps app store for Android - Business Insider  and Microsoft Apps - Android Apps on Google Play . However I did not check, 'how can I? my mom does have a lg g2, but I do not think the Microsoft apps app is compatible, to check for this', if the Insiders preview app is available on that app, if so then you just got a 950!!!!!

Also, if you take a look at the Wireless Support specs on that phone you will be surprised to know that Verizon is starting to support only 2 bands of CDMA on their phones now.  Aka they already are it seems going LTE maybe a spec early than suspected, maybe they will be fully LTE a year early maybe.

0 Likes
lsljr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am leaving because I can not get the 950XL the features I like is it not an iphone or an android device I have no use for either of those operating systems.  Also my Lumia 928 has not received the 8.1 GDR2 update and I will bet that Verizon will not release the WM10 update.  Verizon has the worst customer service department I have ever dealt with both wireless and FIOS.  I need a new modem for the FIOS wifi to cover my house and was told the modem I need is $10 more a month why the over $200 (without any movie channels) you are raping me for now is not enough???  I am so tired of your customer service not caring that I am ready to move my home, and my whole family's cellphone service  to different carriers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to continue this relationship for many years Louis. I know it is important to have the latest features on your phone. You can stay updated here: http://spr.ly/6588BXzEG We also want to make sure that your FIOS concerns are answered as well. You can visit there page http://spr.ly/6582BXzEK and I am confident they will be able to assist.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bgoodbody
Contributor - Level 1

Expecting the 750 to be announced by MSFT in February, will be interesting to see if it becomes available on VZW. In the meantime, 735 with Win 10 via Windows insider is fine for me for now.

Wonder when 735 on VZW will get Win 10 regular update?

0 Likes
bgoodbody
Contributor - Level 1

You are wrong so far Verizon and Microsoft have not abandoned each other

0 Likes