Purple blotches in display?
awkwardkris
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, I turned on my phone after not using it for a couple hours and now there are a bunch of purple blotches or stains all over the display. It's gotten worse since I first noticed it; it was originally just one spot on the left-hand side of the display, but now it's basically everywhere. It looks like the LCD is messed up. I have multiple questions:

Anyone else having similar problems?

Any home remedies/quick fixes?

And is this covered by the Nokia or Verizon limited warranty?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Purple blotches in display?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see how this would be concerning, awkwardkris. I haven't heard of this happening with the Lumia 928.  As long as there is no damage to the device, we can certainly check replacement options for you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Look in the Google PlayStore  for Apps that check the Display, I have an App called Display Checker.. and it works pretty well for me.. b33

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone is less than a year old, it would be covered under the manufacturer's warranty - it does sound like a defect if the screen colors are messing up.

Take it back to a corporate store; it will be replaced by a refurbished device, but it hopefully will not have the display problems.

PS - Google Playstore will not have any apps for the Windows phone - but swiping over to apps, and searching may find a display monitor app.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see how this would be concerning, awkwardkris. I haven't heard of this happening with the Lumia 928.  As long as there is no damage to the device, we can certainly check replacement options for you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes