Proximity sensor issues?
dimiterp1

My 8X by HTC is only a few days old, but I am noticing that every time I end a call and pull the phone away from my ear, the screen remains black and won't turn back on. I have tested this many times and tried many things and each time, the only way to get it back is to completely power down the phone and then back on again. I also noticed that this is happening to others with different windows phones on other discussion boards. Has anyone else had this problem? I am not sure whether to return the phone or if there's an update or other fix?

Any help would be appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Proximity sensor issues?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy Tuesday dimiterp1,

The proximity sensor is an invention that makes all of our wireless lives easier. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when a convenient feature is an inconvenience. I'm here to restore the convenience back to your HTC 8X. May I ask is there any physical or liquid damage on the device? Also, are you using a case on the phone? If so then try removing the case and testing the sensor. If the issue persist then please share the software version that you have installed on the device so I can investigate further.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes