Printing?
bucksnut

Anyone know how to print from their 928? I'm surprised that printing isn't integrated into Windows 8 on this device. There isn't even a print option in Office! I have an Epson XP 400 WiFi printer that I can print from my iPhone. Even without the Epson app, my iPhone 5 and the iPhone 4 have printing integrated into the Apple OS. Can it be that Windows phones don't print? This seems like such a basic feature now a days in a smartphone.

There is no print app from the Windows store that I've found works. The only work around for my printer is Epson Connect, a cloud printing service that I can send to a unique email address for my account that will print attachments. I guess I'll have to contact Epson to see when they'll support Windows phones, but come on!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Printing?
Not applicable

Unfortunately like android phones printing is not a native program app. I have seen a printing app on motorola phones, but they use Motoprint, and Hp has an app for printing with their printers, but Windows phones should have a printing app in the Store. Just check for it. However it may cost you money.

Apple devices have native printing on the devices. They look after their customers. On my droids I bought a printing app for $12 from the Google Play Store however when I had an HP D410a the native HP app worked great.

Good luck on your search

0 Likes
Re: Printing?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bucksnut,

Let's be honest, not all of us have our laptops on us due to lack of mobility. So, I hear you on wanting to be able to print from your 928. At this time, the software does not permit for printing from your device. However, different app marketplaces will have some third party apps to allow this function and I'd recommend checking yours out to see if something catches your eye that caters to your needs.

Evan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes