Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
Podcasts don't download over cellular connection
comrip

I'm an obsessive podcast listener, and I've noticed on my 8X that podcasts will NEVER download over a cellular connection, whether or not the "Only download new podcast episodes over Wi-Fi" setting is turned on for a specific podcast subscription. Basically, that setting appears to be useless/broken, and I'm wondering if that's a VZW customization.

Anyone else having this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Podcasts don't download over cellular connection
Customer1234567

Verizon and most carriers have a limit of 20mb for apps and videos (AT&T goes up to 30-40mb). So if your podcast is larger than 20mb, you need to use Wi-FI or plug it into your computer. I have found that some video podcasts that are 3-5 min long are upwards of 200mb.

You could possably get your device unlocked and there are hacks and work arounds for it but, if you have a 2gb data plan, it would be the best advice not to work around it. As if your a big podcast person, like myself, you would go over 2gb very quickly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Podcasts don't download over cellular connection
Customer1234567

Verizon and most carriers have a limit of 20mb for apps and videos (AT&T goes up to 30-40mb). So if your podcast is larger than 20mb, you need to use Wi-FI or plug it into your computer. I have found that some video podcasts that are 3-5 min long are upwards of 200mb.

You could possably get your device unlocked and there are hacks and work arounds for it but, if you have a 2gb data plan, it would be the best advice not to work around it. As if your a big podcast person, like myself, you would go over 2gb very quickly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes