Please fix group messaging
abw1987
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know this has been mentioned many times before, but I wanted to emphasize once again how important this is to customers.

The fact that such basic functionality is disabled is quite unacceptable.  It creates serious headaches including me having to use context clues to guess who else certain text messages were sent to, and my coworkers having to forward my responses to any participants I was unaware of.

Group text messaging works on other carriers using this phone.  It also works on Verizon using other Windows Phone devices.  Not to mention every dumbphone for the last 15 years.  I do not know whose fault this is: HTC, Microsoft, or Verizon.  It doesn't really matter; you should all be working together to rectify this issue sooner rather than later.

Labels (1)
Re: Please fix group messaging
MatthewJBarnard
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm pretty sure that the AT&T iphone has this functionality.

0 Likes
abw1987
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, as do all the phones of everyone I know.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have had a cellphone for close to 13 years and I don't think once have I ever received or sent a group text message.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

I am confused. Are you just letting us know you ve never sent a group text?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, I have never sent one, so I have hard time seeing what all the fuss is about.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

I have never sent one either. However one persons fuss is another persons necessity.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A PERSON'S personal preference might be the reason for the feature, but it doesn't mean there other options for PEOPLE to use to convey the same message.

0 Likes
abw1987
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure why you would try to undermine to the resolution of a known issue, but thanks for the input.

Given the number of threads that have been created in complaint of this very same issue, I'd venture to guess that you are in the minority.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

abw1987 wrote:

I'm not sure why you would try to undermine to the resolution of a known issue, but thanks for the input.

Given the number of threads that have been created in complaint of this very same issue, I'd venture to guess that you are in the minority.

A half dozen of threads started by a small percentage of the millions of Verizon Wireless customers? I would guess that the users wanting this feature are in the minority.

0 Likes