Please Bring Back Group Messaging in Windows Phone 8
Darkgift
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recieved my HTC 8x and love it. My only complaint from Verizon's end is the exclusion of group messaging. This is not good. There's no explanation, or answer from anybody as to why, and if it will be added. Does anyone have an answer to this? I know WPCentral reported on it, but last they left it, they were as clueless as us.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Please Bring Back Group Messaging in Windows Phone 8
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just got the update on our Lumia 928 - and the group texting WORKS.  Sweet!

View solution in original post

SydneyK
Master - Level 3

That would be cool if a Verizon employee jumped on this thread with an explanation. Although, from what I read on WPCentral, the feature just kind of went away and no one knows why, not even the CSRs.

connorpoole
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too would like to see this come back. When I called customer service the woman told me that the Phone did not currently support it. She had no explanation as to why this was but seemed pretty confident that it would be added in a future firmware update.

Group messaging uses MMS, and windows phone 8 supports MMS and clearly (from the AT&T version) this phone (at least the GSM chipset) supports it as well. Group messaging has also been disabled on the Lumia 822 for verizon, so this is either a hardware limitation that is encountered from the inclusion of the CDMA 800/1900 spectrum (the only difference between the AT&T version and the verizon version) OR much more likely Verizon has arbitrarily blocked this feature for no reason.... or to begin selling it as monthly extra charge feature

illuminati
Enthusiast - Level 2

+1

I too am wondering when this update will arrive... It really is a critical part to messaging for which there is no real work-around. It's very frustrating. My Lumia 710 was able to do this just fine with wp7 on T-Mobile. We know this is you limiting the software only for wp8. The Verizon wp7 HTC Trophy has this capability on your network.

Verizon, please expedite this!

e_lizzle

<< Comment removed for language >>.  This feature should NOT be disabled.

-E

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
greenwave85
Enthusiast - Level 2

They won't explain it.  When you call customer service they either act like they dont know what Group Messaging is or try to tell you the the Windows Phones do not support Group Messaging.  Both are clearly lies and both are completely unacceptable ways to handle their customers.  All they need to do is state why this problem exists and wheter or not it will be addressed. Even if it is a stupid reason why it ha been disabled, it is better than having a bunch of incredibly aggrivated customers.  I wonder how many sales HTC and Nokia lost on Verizon because of this.  I know for a fact my brother traded in his Lumia for an Galaxy (which he doesn't like by the way).  I also enjoy when people see that I have a WP8 and ask me if I like it and I am forced to answer, "Yes, it is a great phone and I highly recommend it as long as you are not on Verizon."

0 Likes
herbm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are there even any Verizon people monitoring these forums?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a customer-to-customer forum; Verizon reps occasionally pop in and respond, but it's sporadic.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

herbm wrote:

Are there even any Verizon people monitoring these forums?

Well, this is peer to peer customer forum and not a direct link to customer service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
herbm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thats kind of discouraging....

you would think they would see this as a way to find out what we users are doing with our phones..what issues we are having etc....

0 Likes