Re: Please Bring Back Group Messaging in Windows Phone 8
richstep
0 Likes
DevRay

I too am annoyed by Verizon Wireless removing the Group Text feature.  I tried all kinds of alternatives and the best temp solution is "Verizon Messages" which is no additional cost.   With it I can Group Text just like I could with my HTC Trophy Windows Phone 7.5 -- except it not an App so I have to text in my phone web browser. I can't even believe they didn't release a Verizon Messages App for Windows Phone 8 or at least code the web site to be more mobile friendly.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/products/verizon-messages.html

I sure hope that they re-enable the Group Text feature soon.

0 Likes
mrack

From what I can tell, I have one of the first written confirmations that group text will be enabled with a "mid-year software update".  My guess is GDR2.  This was a response to a complaint I filed with the BBB.

I've been following this thread for months, and while I don't normally post in forums, I felt it I would be a terrible person if I kept this to myself.

>Image deleted to comply with VZW ToS<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
Restin
Enthusiast - Level 2

July 23rd. Still waiting Verizon . . .

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Patients, VZW hasn't released GDR2 yet to the 822.

GDR2 was released a little ways back and as well all know VZW is the last carrier to release updates to devices....

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

patience? it's been 8 months. are there at least apps you can use that can handle group messaging? i don't even have a windows phone and i'm furious about this...lol

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

The issue is (from what I've heard from various sites) that WP8 made change how group messaging worked and caused problems on VZW network.  Group messaging is rumored to be in GDR2 so its now wait and see.

There is also a rumor going around that a user backup up their settings from their 920 on AT&T and when the person restored the settings on their 928 group messaging was working.  So it if this is true then VZW network does support it and VZW just hidden the setting on the phone so no one can enable it.

Yes its a pain but unless group messaging generates a good source of revenue for VZW they will take their sweet time fixing it if at all.  The best thing us customer can do is open a support ticket with VZW and file a complaint to the BBB and the FCC.

Why would you care if you don't have a windows phone?

>>Edited to comply with <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i like to keep up on all the different phones. i'm always open to trying a different OS, but this particular issue was a total deal killer to me. i've wanted to see windows succeed from the start. i think it's best for everyone to have more, competitive options. when i saw this thread way back when, i just couldn't believe it was a feature that was missing. still can't.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

so i'm now trying out the lumia and i really do like the phone. nice build/feel and the live tiles are cool. so is there ANY app that could work as a group texting or any kind of work around for this issue? also...if i end up in a group thread, will i still get all of the texts, individually, from each different person, and be able to reply? it will be confusing, but i guess it's not the end of the world if i know i'm atleast getting all the messages.

0 Likes
cliffwin

I just got off the phone with VZW tech support and the rep said an update is being tested and is "definitely coming". She thought it was still scheduled for late July, but noted that, well, it is late July. She posted a message to their internal message board and said that she would let me know if/when she gets a reply on any updated release date.

0 Likes