Re: Please Bring Back Group Messaging in Windows Phone 8
Customer1234567
Contributor - Level 1

Please fix this feature ASAP this is the biggest pain in the a$$ on any device I have had from Verzion. My HTC Trophy had iut and my HTC 8X and My Lumia 928 both dont have this feature.

What was the true reason for disabling this feature ? When will it be added ? WE NEED IT NOW

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Maybe they want their customers to use their app, http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/products/verizon-messages.html instead of using something that is native to the OS....

Rumors is that this will be fixed sometime this month; don't hold your breath.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear Customer1234567,

Good morning. I understand how benefical group messaging can be on a device. At this time we do not have any information on when or if this feature will be added to the device. However, please feel free to register for alerts on new products and services by clicking http://bit.ly/dDumph

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

That was a helpful post....

bmetelsky
Enthusiast - Level 2

Group messaging is supposed to be fixed in the next software update, some time this month.

0 Likes
mckfam351

Where are you hearing this from?

0 Likes
mckfam351

The thing is, the feature isn't so much added as it was taken away from the original OS. Someone, somewhere within the corporate structure knows why, most likely the division that works with manufacturers to determine OS characteristics (default red theme, VZ apps, etc.). I know I'm unrealistic in hoping that there is a way to communicate directly with another branch of a massive company, and I'm sure as a support representative you're forced into a corner between consumers and corporate, but it would be absolutely, really amazing to get this simple feature. I would upgrade to this device today (literally, my upgrade starts today) if this feature was enabled (thus extending my contract another 2 years ). If this feature isn't here by the end of the month, I will most likely begin the process of moving my family plan to another carrier (most likely T-Mobile with the Lumia 925). As long time Verizon Wireless customers (over 10 years now) I hope our business means enough to your company to solicit a response (A la the "Working Together" concept used when Boeing was building the 777-200. Anyone from any part of the company could directly ask anyone else about a problem. No hierarchy of requests).

Thank you, Michelle, for putting up with us WP8 people. We're kind of a die-hard niche.

Also, here's a link to a WPCentral discussion to prove how desired this is:

http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8/203201-what-happened-group-messaging-mms-option.html

0 Likes
bmetelsky
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish I could remember where I heard it from, but I don't. I'd been scouring the internet for information about the Lumia 928 because I was looking to upgrade and this phone was recommended by one of my brothers. I did read it somewhere and the month is only half over.....

0 Likes
ThisIsNiceStuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

lack of group texting has really been annoying lately as ive been getting more and more. Im fed up and ready to switch to Android but first I decided to do some digging and I found this. Its from May so maybe there is some truth to an update coming soon. If they get the update out I will stick with my 8X for now..

https://twitter.com/VZWSupport/status/335492843068092418

BTW, someone with Twitter should really reply that WP8 does support group text but Verizon doesnt.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

ThisIsNiceStuff wrote:

BTW, someone with Twitter should really reply that WP8 does support group text but Verizon doesnt.

done

0 Likes