Phone turns itself off and won't power back on normally
homerchuck
Enthusiast - Level 1

Twice in the past week my phone has just turned itself completely off. The battery was not low and there were no prolonged periods of inactivity. When I tried to power it back on, it would not respond at all. The only way I have been able to get it going is to plug it in to the power adapter. As soon as I do so, I check to be sure the battery was not low – and it has been about 40%. If this happens when I am not near a convenient power source, I am going to be without a phone. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone turns itself off and won't power back on normally
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for sharing your concerns with your device homerchuck. I certainly don't want you to be without a phone. I have a Trophy as well, and checked our product issues for this device and I do not show this issue being reported as a known issue. Do you notice if this started after downloading a new application? Were you using any certain tasks or applications when this happened? If this issue is completely random and seems to be intermittent, I would suggest completing a master/factory reset on the device in case corrupt data may be causing the device to malfunction. Don't load all the same applications right away to see if one may be causing the issue. Here is some info on the hard reset for the Trophy: http://bit.ly/vq7ouj.

Let me know if you need any further assistance!

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
homerchuck
Enthusiast - Level 1

It does appear to be a known issue to me. In my rudimentary search, I saw several posts on the Internet. They would include at least one on this same forum on Feb 13, 2012 by jadevore1 which read about as follows:

"I have seen this on other forms but with no solutions. Has anyone had issues with the HTC Trophy 7 shutting down on its own? My phone does this now usually at least once every day or two and it seems to be becoming more frequent. It seems to shut down by itself when I'm not using it for a little while, even 30 minutes or so. It's not in battery save mode either. any suggestions or comments? Thanks"

My problems are very similar except now it is doing this multiple times per day. I have not downloaded any new applications nor nor am I running any apps, to my knowledge, when the phone powers down. It shuts down when it is inactive. Sometimes, I can take the battery out and then reinsert it and the phone will power on. Most of the time, I have to plug it in to the power adapter to get it to come back on. Customer service is replacing it, at their suggestion, under warranty, but if this is an inherent defect, after the warranty period I will be out of luck if the problem is in fact inherent to the device and repeats itself. This is a shame because, otherwise, I really like my Trophy. I would like to know why Verizon has tech-support people especially for iPhones and for android devices but not for window phones.

0 Likes
OldDogVT

Was there any other resolution to this?  My HTC Trophy 7 started to evince the same symptoms, only with mine, it finally just powered off and will not power back on at all.  l tried changing batteries, but no luck.  It will not power on even with the power adapter connected, and I cannot even perform a hard reset.

0 Likes