Phone storage-other
lesterdan

One of the phones I have keeps beeping, and the phone storage "other" category is maxed at 9.84 Gb. Deleted texts, apps, music, etc, and nothing is reducing that number. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone storage-other
primortal
Master - Level 1

There is nothing you can do to clean up the "other storage" its a know issue and Nokia has released an firmware update along with an app to clean up the "other storage".  The issue is that VZW hasn't released the firmware update yet; what else is new.

There are a few apps on the Windows Store that claim to purge the "other storage" give them a shot; mileage will vary.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having that annoying beep is frustrating lesterdan. I know have experienced this before on one of my phones but have no fear, I can help. Thanks for deleting unwanted text, apps, music, etc. I also would like to suggest clearing the cache and browser history on your phone. Here are the steps http://tiny.cc/xte6ww .Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

when is VZW going to release the firmware update so that we can use the Nokia's Lumia Storage Check app?  Deleting unwanted text, apps and music will reduce "other" storage.

And where is the fix for the 3 beeps?  This has been a problem since the phone has been released, what does it take to get this fixed?

0 Likes
lesterdan

That didn't make a difference at all... Finally had to resort to doing a "factory restore". Thankfully, all contacts, texts, etc were still there

>> personal information removed <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes