Phone doesn't recognize SD card after reboot
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

I've had my Samsung ATIV-SE for almost two weeks now. I added an SD card to it.

Every time  I reboot it the phone doesn't recognize the SD card anymore. I have to pop the back case, eject the SD card and put it back in while the phone is powered up for it to recognize it.

It's a shame to have a quirky issue like this with a two week old phone.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Or does anyone know of a way to get it to not do this anymore?

It's running Windows 8.1 8.10.142203.306 (latest version from Verizon that I am aware of) 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone doesn't recognize SD card after reboot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello Major_Payne!

I'd love to help provide some direction on this issue! Since the phone is so new, it is concerning that this is happening already. Is your SD card new as well? If not, I would suggest trying a brand new SD card to see if you continue to have the same problem. If it persists, since you are within your 14 days, if you purchased directly from Verizon, you can still exchange your phone for a working device.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

Not even anyone from Verizon has any ideas on this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello Major_Payne!

I'd love to help provide some direction on this issue! Since the phone is so new, it is concerning that this is happening already. Is your SD card new as well? If not, I would suggest trying a brand new SD card to see if you continue to have the same problem. If it persists, since you are within your 14 days, if you purchased directly from Verizon, you can still exchange your phone for a working device.

MichelleH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

@MichelleH_VZW

New phone and the SD card is new as well. I bought it for this phone. It's a Sandisk SD card.

Would the phone be exchanged for another new one or a refurbished one? (I have had that happen in the past and don't want to go from a new phone to a refurbished on since I paid for a new one)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Great question, Major_Payne!

If you are still within 14 days, and you purchased from a Verizon corporate store, you can exchange for a new device. After the 14 days, devices that are not damaged are covered under the 1yr manufacturer's warranty. Under warranty, the replacement is a Certified Like-New Phone. While I understand wanting a new phone, the Certified devices do undergo an extensive inspection to ensure they are working just like a brand new phone would.

MichelleH_VZW
0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

It's not a matter of wanting a new phone. It's what I've paid for.

I found a windows phone forum that is suggesting resetting the phone with the SD card in it then setting it up again so I may try that over the weekend and see how it goes.

I definitely don't want to "downgrade" to a refurbished/Certified Like-New Phone unit.  After paying the price for a new phone.

0 Likes