Re: Nokia Phones - Windows 8.1, Firmware and Future
Mamma4ever
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, I've spent the last 3 hours trying to get the preview for developers....I can't seem to install Windows Phone SDK....it says my compatibility mode is on and I need to turn it off. The only thing I can think of is that it might be because I have windows 10 on my PC....I'm trying a different route....I hope it works, otherwise I guess I'll just have to wait like I was anyway

0 Likes
littlegeo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem with win 8.1 but I kept click thru and viola it worked.

JJut
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also a long term Verizon customer that is totally unsatisfied with Verizons lack of communications and support for the advertised FLAGSHIP windows phone they have sold me.  I am thinking the P in flag ship has been turned to T for ICON owners...  If that is the case, I will also take my entire family plan top a different carrier (4 phones)  I have always been very happy with verizon but they have apparently and deliberately stiffed their ICON customers.  Their silence on this issue is defeaning!

dgc1962
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm considering a trip to the Sprint store in an hour or two.

I believe that they are still offering ETF buyouts, and even if they aren't I will have saved enough in a year to cover it.

This will probably involve going back to Android or even moving to IPhone, but that might be OK until Windows 10 hits phones. 

I really do like the Windows Phone 8 OS, but there are several apps I use to use regularly that aren't available, and until WP gets greater market penetration (likely with Windows 10?) I don't see the app gap closing appreciably.

0 Likes
Trenton07
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Couldn't" care less about. Otherwise you do care because you "could" care less. At least you try to be a good troll.

0 Likes
Alexvrb
Contributor - Level 1

mrhelper wrote:

Not even the almighty T-Mobile?!

At this rate they're on track to beat Verizon to it. 😕

0 Likes
Not applicable

Alexvrb wrote:

mrhelper wrote:

Not even the almighty T-Mobile?!

At this rate they're on track to beat Verizon to it. 😕

I don't really care. the 15 of you that bought Windows phone do I'm sure.

0 Likes