Nokia Lumia Icon unresponsive and scrolling
amanda_ctrs

My Nokia Lumia Icon has been continuously scrolling through apps and screens, calling people and the touchscreen is unresponsive.  It was only happening occasionally but it has now been going on for a few hours.  I have done a hard reset on the phone, but it is still scrolling so I can not set it back up.  Any other options for fixing this piece of crap phone? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nokia Lumia Icon unresponsive and scrolling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi amanda.ctrs,

I apologize that you're having issues with your device. It seems like you did try to fix the issue with a hard reset to no avail. Which Nokia Lumia model do you use? Does it have any physical or moisture damage? Supply more details.

Thank you,

EdW_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
amanda_ctrs

I have the Nokia Lumia Icon. It does not have any physical or moisture damage. It was unresponsive for about 2 days. It began working again and then I took it to a Verizon store. They were able to do a factory reset on the phone, but they are also sending me a replacement because I have only had the phone for about 3 months. So far it seems to be working much better after the reset, but it worked great for the first month I had it as well. I am very happy with the help I received at the local Verizon store. Thank you for your response to my question.

Amanda

0 Likes
Boats2Build

Almost exactly the same story.  Problem started a couple months after I got the phone.  Tried soft and hard re-sets.  Also downloaded recovery tool from Nokia.  The first re-load seemed to correct the problem for about two weeks.  It's come back and now the problem has gotten worse over the last few days.   Took it back to the store and they worked with tech support to arrange a replacement (Amanda, just be aware that it will be a reconditioned phone and not a brand new one).

My guess is that it may be a hardware issue...   probably something related to the digitizer.  It's weird, the phone looks possessed.  Almost like it was infected with a virus or something.   But the hard re-set or the image re-load should have wiped that out if it was the case.     It's a great phone.  I hope this was just a one-off problem.

Good luck Amanda.

0 Likes
Runningwild46

I am having the EXACT issue. I have had phone (a replacement for 6 months) I started to have to reboot when wifi wouldnt connect. Yesterday, it became possessed. I have tried hard, soft resets. touchscreen is erratic and unresponsive. It actually made a phone call on its own last night!. I cannot access phone to wipe phone and reset it to factory.

IDEAS?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mike, Sounds like your phone is having it's share of problems. Good think we specialize in problem solving. Please follow the instructions in the Link. You should be able to perform the factory data reset using one of these options: http://vz.to/1VbpAAc

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Runningwild46

Update.

Took phone to Microsoft store by where I work. They spent almost 2 hours on it. Funny part was phone was trying to go into demo mode.

Anyhow, after many hard factory resets, using the Lumia download tool, many other tricks and phone calls it was determined  that the touchscreen sensor processor was (is) failing.

Microsoft did not have any Icons to replace with, only the 735 in house and I wasn't paying for it there. Went to local Verizon store in same location, they had no windows phones in stock (shame).

Called customer service spent a hour with a lovely rep (NINA) who helped me out. They had none as well for replacing my defective unit. Although Verizon does not have a flagship windows phone anymore (sad) I did wind up with a 735, which does not have what I seek most, a high res camera like the ICON. this will have to do until something else like the 950 (AT&T) comes to Verizon or like the Surface phone in 2017.

0 Likes