Nokia Lumia Icon/929 Available
primortal
Master - Level 1

It looks like the phone is now available on VZW site, http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/device/smartphone/nokia-lumia-icon?&&ziprdr=y

The only issue right now is that it seems still be somewhat of a place holder being the phone is still listed as $777 on contract.

Personally once the phone is available I'm heading to my local Microsoft Store.  With insurance (I believe is $50) you'll get the phone replaced with a brand new one instead refurbished ones that VZW dishes out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nokia Lumia Icon/929 Available
primortal
Master - Level 1

Looks like they took the page down again Smiley Sad

0 Likes
fireball24

it is 100$ for the insurance at the MS store. you are eligible for two swaps over two years, and i think they will exchange with the new one, no questions asked.

0 Likes
MadDogFL62
Contributor - Level 2

This whole 929/Icon release is a sad and pathetic situation.  Is VZW really that worried about a good Windows Phone taking over their Droid and iPhone market share?  "Verizon is dedicated to the Windows Phone Platform" has proven to be more lip service than anything else since the release of Windows Phone 8.  That "dedication" is why you see the Nokia 1020 and 1520 at AT&T.

In response to fireball24; I also believe that the Microsoft Store offers a better deal on hardware than Verizon.  The insurance is reasonable, you get 2 swaps, and a replacement phone is a brand new phone and not a refurbished that someone has been coughing and sneezing on.  Plus, after you get your new phone from Microsoft, you can cash in your old phone at Verizon and use the money to recover a bit of what you spent.  Plus, plus: if your current phone becomes obsolete (like the 822), Microsoft will provide you a replacement of something new.  (The same works at the Microsoft Store for the Xbox and Surface.)  The monthly bill from Verizon is enough of a shake-down.  No need to give VZW extra cash.  I made the same move this Summer with the kids iPhones.  Get it from Apple and insure it with Apple.  Everything has to be a "game" with VZW.  What's in it for them.  Smiley Sad

...anyway, I have my place in line at the International Mall in Tampa for the ICON at the Microsoft Store.  Verizon releases all of their phones on Thursday, so I expect an announcement by either tomorrow or in 8 days.  Or maybe June.  Or maybe next Christmas.  It's become quite a joke.

xanderful

Put me in for one of these phones. The 928 did not meet my needs at the time of its release, but a quad core phone and an 20MP camera is awesome! I hope this phone is available for my tax return!!!

0 Likes
freeridephilly

Can you keep your unlimited data plan if you purchase the Nokia Icon from the Microsoft store? Thanks.

0 Likes