Nokia Lumia 822 will not charge
ehopkins2015

Last spring (2013), I bought a Nokia Lumia 822. I was really excited, because it was my first smartphone, and was extremely easy to use. However, by late summer (mid-late August, maybe?), my phone completely stopped charging. At all. So we took it in to a phone repair store and they told me that the charging port was broken and that we should see if we could just replace the phone. So, we took the phone in to the Verizon store and they said that they would be able to send me a replacement because the phone was still under warranty (while I had dropped it a couple of times, it didn't have any major scratches or dents and the screen was not cracked). I received the replacement phone and it was working perfectly. I had a major screen crack only a few days after I got it, though, because my cat pushed it off of my bedside table and it landed face down (resulting in a huuuuuge crack across the screen), and for the last 11 or so months, it has worked perfectly--no problems with anything whatsoever.

Now, a couple of weeks ago, I started having the same problem that I had last year--my phone stopped charging consistently (the charger would have to be positioned at a certain angle & I often had to use tape to keep it in the right position) and wouldn't hold a charge as well (it went from full charge to about 10% charge in about 2 hours with barely any use), and then it just stopped charging completely, and died. I was hoping that maybe the battery was just completely dead, so I bought a replacement battery (and yes, it is the correct kind), but it is still not charging, so now I'm worried that the charging port has broken again.

Has anyone else had this problem?? It's extremely irritating, especially since now it has happened to BOTH of the Lumias I have had. Unfortunately, my contract with Verizon doesn't end until spring, so replacing the phone again would probably end up being an immense expense. This makes me extremely disappointed in Nokia/Windows phone. 😞 Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Nokia Lumia 822 will not charge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ehopkins2015,

Oh my, I am sorry to hear your phone isn't working as it should be. However, as your phone has a crack on the screen you would need to process an insurance claim if you have insurance coverage. Here's how to process that claim:http://bit.ly/07CrqPK

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ehopkins2015,

Oh my, I am sorry to hear your phone isn't working as it should be. However, as your phone has a crack on the screen you would need to process an insurance claim if you have insurance coverage. Here's how to process that claim:http://bit.ly/07CrqPK

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AO180
Enthusiast - Level 3

Before upgrading to the Icon, I had the same problem with my 822. I bought a Qi charger cover and replaced my old battery cover with it, and then bought a $20 Qi charger on Amazon. Takes a little longer, but wireless charging eliminated the issues with the 822.

You can also buy screen replacement kits on Amazon to fix your screen. I did the same. Only do that if the phone isn't insured and it's out of warranty.

0 Likes