Nokia Lumia 822 is not receiving picture messages
egarton0425

Just recently my 822 has stopped receiving all picture messages sent to me from anyone, but I can send picture messages out. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nokia Lumia 822 is not receiving picture messages
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Can anyone on the same Verizon plan receive pictures on their phone?

It could be a data signal issue on your phone. Try restarting the phone. Turn it off and then turn it back on

0 Likes
mgm61244

Goto Settings, Cellular, make sure data connection is on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@ Egarton0425, has your picture messaging issue been resolved? If not, then we recommend that you delete any unwanted messaging threads, disable the WiFi feature, and power cycle your phone off/on. I trust that this will resolve your picture messaging issue. Keep us posted. We're here to assist you. ^LH

0 Likes
egarton0425

No, I'm still having this issue. I've only had one picture message come through. My data connection is turned on, wifi is off but still nothing. What do you suggest I do?

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Ok then try to toggle Airplane mode On and Off and then try to see if you receive the picture.

If that doesn't work, then try to send yourself picture to your own phone. That should help reset the connection data.

0 Likes
wake125122

ya mine has been doing it as well. I am trying out what u said now to see if it works.

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

let me know

0 Likes
maav

Did you get the problem resolved?  I started having the same problem Monday and now am receiving messages that say media content is attached but will never download.  I can send pictures to myself and download them but previously I never had to download anything.  The pictures would just come right through.  VERY FRUSTRATED! 

0 Likes
Feekes

My husband and I both have the Lumia 822 and we both had this sort of problem at first.  It was quickly resolved when we called tech support.  They had us shut the phone down completely and they sent some sort of update to it.  We haven't had the problem since then. 

0 Likes