Re: Nokia Black Update for Lumia 928?
primortal
Master - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

primortal, We do want to make sure you get the upgrade once our systems are ready to release. To check on the latest update, click here http://vz.to/1bCKL5B All ok working with your device? 

-PeterV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Thanks for the link, but how about a release date?  It can't be a secret being you just released it for the 928.  The 822 was lasted updated over a year ago

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

rednibkram wrote:

PeterV_VZW:  We have received the Nokia Black update ok, however the benefits we wanted from this update is not available.  We are unable to download and install Nokia Beamer or Nokia Storyteller apps from the Windows Store.  Is this something that Verizon is controlling/testing or Microsoft or Nokia?  We would GREATLY appreciate this information as soon as possible.

Defiantly Nokia/Microsoft.  If you seen my one my posts above users on AT&T are having the same problems.

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

From that list it looks like the 822 still hasn't.been updated. After each phone model you can see a "Last Updated" date.

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
WP8uzer

I tweeted Nokia about Beamer and Storyteller. They said they are looking into it and will keep us posted.

Nokia Black.jpg

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know they have their own wallet on the android powered phones which is why Google wallet was kicked to the curb but I'm not aware of the story teller or beamer equivalents. Story teller and beamer are not working on AT&T either hence the post with the link from Nokia on twitter.

0 Likes
WP8uzer
0 Likes
AtomicInternet
Contributor - Level 1

This is out NOW.  Check for updates!

Lumia Black and brought my Firmware revision to 3051.40000.1352.0058

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

I told my friend to keep an eye out for the update for her 822 but as of yesterday that phone still has not received it. Has the 822 been given the heave ho?

0 Likes
AtomicInternet
Contributor - Level 1

Knowing Verizon I'm sure it's EOL.  To be fair though they EOL the beloved Android phones pretty quick too.  On the postive side, now is a great opportunity to sell your 928 to your friend and pre-order the Icon!

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

EOL? As for selling my 928 I am not eligible for an upgrade until July of 2015.

0 Likes