Nokia 822 dead
MSgtP

I need to know what I can do about my phone dying for no reason. Yesterday I was listening to music in my car and suddenly the phone froze then shut down. It would not turn on with a soft start, battery removal, or hard start. All that would happen is it would buzz then show the Microsoft cube. Once that shows it shuts off again. I then went to a  Verizon store for support. I explained the situation and I kept being asked repeatedly if I dropped it on the floor or in water. I started to get annoyed having to keep answering that question, since I had not. The worker Ted had no idea, he called Tech support and they seem to have no idea what is wrong with the phone. So what happens next...

My phone is one week past warranty and I do not have insurance, so Ted handed me my phone and said we don't know what's wrong with it.

Yep that was it, he actually believed that was an acceptable end of customer service. That is unacceptable. I have been with Verizon for a little short of TEN YEARS, I expect better customer service and at very least some type of solution to this phone problem. I understand that I don't have insurance but after doing a little research I find that the phone shutting off an freezing has been a problem with this phone. I am trying to understand how am I now responsible for a product that was defective from the beginning? If I bought a car and two years later the company discovers a defect, they send me a letter to have it checked out, and not at my expense.

One of the other workers even asked Ted if there was anything they could do since it had only been a week since my warranty was up, Ted ignored him. Not a good moment. The bad customer service continues on but I could be typing all day.

I would really like a response back, maybe there is a fix or solution to this problem. The experience I had yesterday made me tell the workers there that once my contract is up, I will be leaving Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Nokia 822 dead
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry about  your customer service experience MsgtP. You're right, you should be presented with options for your issue. Although, we are unable to replace the phone out of warranty we have other options. Since you performed all the steps for trouble-shooting that we would perform, the next best step is to replace the device. Since you're not eligible to upgrade or have insurance and you're not eligible to upgrade you can purchase a device with this program http://vz.to/16vfYHl . You can also buy a phone at full retail price. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns and thanks for being a long time customer.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Nokia 822 dead
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry about  your customer service experience MsgtP. You're right, you should be presented with options for your issue. Although, we are unable to replace the phone out of warranty we have other options. Since you performed all the steps for trouble-shooting that we would perform, the next best step is to replace the device. Since you're not eligible to upgrade or have insurance and you're not eligible to upgrade you can purchase a device with this program http://vz.to/16vfYHl . You can also buy a phone at full retail price. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns and thanks for being a long time customer.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes