No wifi
garyperria

I Cannot connect my icon to my wifi. It has been working since I updated to 8.1 but today it will not. Under the network I'm trying to connect to it says no internet access. I can however use it with a wireless hotspot from another phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Garyperria,

That's not good! Is this happening with only this one connection? Have you tried forgetting the network, and then readding the network that says no internet access? Try turning the phone off/on, then connecting.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
garyperria

The problem was with both Icons, however we were able to create hotspots with both phones so we did all the suggestions below and some others,but ultimately we turned all appliances off (both Icons, the wifi routers and the internet box) unplugged everything waited a bit and replugged the internet let it reboot, then the router, then the phones and now all is good! Thank you

Gary

Let there be Peace in your Mind, Heart, and Soul!

0 Likes
VanceVEP
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got my Icon this past week and have noticed that the wifi signal is about half as strong as my Samsung Galaxy S4 in the same locations. It doesn't matter if its my home wifi or my work wifi... it's about half the strength on my Icon. What gives?

0 Likes
gernerttl
Contributor - Level 1

This is a problem seems to be with WP8.1 Developer Preview.  There are several threads talking about this problem over at WPCentral.  I personally haven't had this issue with my Icon though. 

If it is major issue, then you can roll back to WP8.0 and then wait for WP8.1/Cyan when Verizon pushes it out.  Supposedly, it is a firmware issue and Cyan will fix it.

Here is the link to the Nokia Software Recovery Tool.  It will roll back your phone to the official WP8.0 version that is authorized by Verizon.

FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Nokia - USA

If it is not a major issue, then hold tight until Cyan is released.

0 Likes