New Lumia 735 "Can't Connect" to Microsoft Account
cfordg

I just purchased a new Lumia 735, single SIM, to replace my aging LG Lancet.

Everything during the setup went fine until I was asked to sign into my Microsoft account. When I tried to do so, I got a "Can't connect" message as in "We can't connect right now. Wait a few moments and try again." That was hours ago. I also tried the setup account option, but got the same response.

Based on looking online on my laptop, I have tried:

1) Resetting the time & date

2) Turning off the WiFi connection and trying through the cell phone connection (VZW)

3) Soft reset

4) Hard Reset and try to set up a second time from scratch including removing my old Lancet from my Microsoft account device list through my laptop.

During the 2nd setup, a message from MS appeared indicating that my device could be upgraded to WINDOWS 10 mobile using the Upgrade Advisor. My attempt at downloading the app from the store failed because I couldn't connect to my Microsoft account and also resulted in getting a message about an error code 80070057. When I looked this up, the Microsoft response had to do with desktop systems and there was nothing about the error on WINDOWS cell phones.

I can log in to my Microsoft account through IE on the phone, but I can't set up the account on the phone itself to sync with my email, calendar, or store operations or anything else for that matter where account setup is required. The service status screen at MS says all is well on their end.

I can set up my Yahoo and Gmail accounts without incident, but MS is not working.

Any help appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Lumia 735 "Can't Connect" to Microsoft Account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear you've had a hard time setting it up! We don't have any troubleshooting for being unable to connect to Microsoft Services, but you can reach out to Microsoft directly at 800-642-7676.

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: New Lumia 735 "Can't Connect" to Microsoft Account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear you've had a hard time setting it up! We don't have any troubleshooting for being unable to connect to Microsoft Services, but you can reach out to Microsoft directly at 800-642-7676.

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes