Need help!
Mrsbasquo

Just bought a Nokia Lumia 822 - When I receive a text message with a picture attached, I get: Get Media Content Now (30KB) it's underlined like it's a link, but when I click on it, I don't get anything. If I hold my finger on it, it goes to another screen tha says see error. Then I go to another screen and it says:

Can't receive. We;re having trouble getting your message. Can;t connect to the network.

Anyone know what this is or how to fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need help!
primortal
Master - Level 1

Give support a call if you're still having the same problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mrsbasquo,

Congrats on your new Nokia Lumina 822! It's a great phone! I know your picture messages are too important to be missed so I want to look into this, right away! The error message that your seeing, usually means that the phone is not connecting to our data network to download the picture message.  Please make sure the phone is not connected to wifi when attempting to download? This can definitely cause a delay in receiving and viewing the picture. Do you have a steady data connection when you receive this error? I look forward to hearing from you so we can work together on fixing this. I want you to get back to enjoying your new phone!

Thanks,

TanishaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Mrsbasquo

The issue has been resolved. Thank you

0 Likes
JKKB

I am having the same problem with my Lumia 822.  How was this issue resolved?

Thanks,

jb

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear JKKB,

Good afternoon. Being able to recieve a picture or video message is extremely important. Especially, if your paying for the service each month. It would be my pleasure to assist you with your equipment concerns.

First I would like to ask you to verify your wi-fi is turned off. Picture and video messages can not be sent via a wi-fi network. What zip code are you in? I want to make sure there are no reported issues in the area. If your wi-fi is turned off and you are still unable to send a picture/video, please remove your SIM card. For instructions on how to remove your SIM click http://vz.to/114xqM5 If you are still experiencing difficulties after trying the troubleshooting steps listed above, please feel free to reach out to us. We will be more than happy to further assist you.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
JKKB

Hi Michelle,

I rebooted my phone and that solved my problem.

Thank you for your reply!

JKKB

0 Likes
knsbeth

I just got a Lumia 822 yesterday.  I cannot get ANY text messages...  Hubby is having the same problem...  Not receiving messages...

Need Help!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get this resolved, knsbeth! Do both you and your husband have the same device? Are you able to send text messages? What zip code are you in? Please share additional details so we can better assist.

DaisyP_VZWSupport

0 Likes
MegaMasterX
Enthusiast - Level 1

Uninstall Skype if its installed, then go under the Messaging Hub > Settings > and turn Text Message and Chat backups off. You can reinstall Skype afterwards if you want.

0 Likes