My phone got ran over by a car
TimGilliam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Luckily it wasn't in my pocket at the time but where can I get the screen replaced?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone got ran over by a car
AtomicInternet
Contributor - Level 1

Seperating the digitizer from the screen is nearly impossible, and pairing it back up with new glass is truely impossible.  You'll need to buy a new digitizer/screen/glass combo which is almost as much as the phone itself.

I'd just get a gently used one off eBay.

0 Likes
android_wiz
Contributor - Level 1

also if you have insurance of course take that route

0 Likes
android_wiz
Contributor - Level 1

insurance covers it if you have it if not you can go to amazon and but a screen if your really in need

0 Likes
pm_mazur

If you're planning to DIY I highly recommend going on YouTube and looking up "LE55ON5" channel. The host disassembles practically almost every phone to the bare casing and reassembles it successfully.

0 Likes
williaml99

I have three Trophies if you are interested. Was going to wait to upgrade them to 7.8 before I put them on ebay.

Bill

0 Likes
TimGilliam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay so I got a replacement phone but now how do I copy all the info from one phone over to the other phone?  I don't see anything in the zune software to copy the texts and contacts etc. 

0 Likes
pm_mazur

I believe that text messages don't sync into the phone, however a contact list does. List should automatically sync right into your phone. make sure that when you set your phone up, you used the same email account. If you want to double check if your contact list even exists under your email account go onto:

windowsphone.com

choose my phone from the pull down list and select contacts located at the bottom of the page.

There you can see all your contacts as well as link your other accounts such as google, facebook etc.

If your contacts exist, click on manage on top of the bar and choose restore deleted contacts.

0 Likes
TimGilliam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well when I hook up the phone to my computer it won't recognize it.  How do I get it to recognize by the laptop?

0 Likes
pm_mazur

Did you run Zune? if Zune is installed and running it should automatically recognize it and it'll prompt you to name your device.

0 Likes