Re: My phone cannot connect to any wifi after it has been doing it fine all along. I have tried everything, soft restart, remove and replace sim card, reset to factory settings. It sees the networks fine but cannot connect. argh!!!!! Any suggestions?
primortal
Master - Level 1

Thanks, that's the model "Windows 8X"

Last resort you can see if the Windows Phone Recovery tool helps, FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA It will reinstall the OS; basically wiping the phone of all its data back to factory reset.

If that doesn't work you might have to get the phone replaced.

0 Likes
Re: My phone cannot connect to any wifi after it has been doing it fine all along. I have tried everything, soft restart, remove and replace sim card, reset to factory settings. It sees the networks fine but cannot connect. argh!!!!! Any suggestions?
primortal
Master - Level 1

Take a look at this thread, Windows Central Forums

0 Likes
Trader1
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I said, I have done the factory reset.

0 Likes
Trader1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds like the same problem with no resolution.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

I understand that but a factory reset and reinstalling the OS from a reliable source are two different things.  There might be driver corruption or something that a factory reset won't correct.

Read the thread from WindowsCenteral I posted above first and see if anything works.  Then see if you can reinstall via the Windows Phone Recovery Tool; just don't know if you're phone is supported or not.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Trader1 wrote:

Sounds like the same problem with no resolution.

So you tried a specific wifi band and no luck and you wifi router firmware is up to date?

If so, than it's a reinstall.

0 Likes
Trader1
Enthusiast - Level 2

primortal!!!! Success!!! Thank you. I used the software recovery on my laptop. Awesome

primortal
Master - Level 1

Glad it worked

0 Likes