My first smartphone....how do I pin or save podcasts?
lksquirrel
Enthusiast - Level 1

H,

This is the first smartphone I have ever had and I will admit I was a little hasty in buying it. I LOVE Nokia phones, always have. But if I had it to do over I would probably buy an Android. I bought this phone to integrate with my system at work and not have gmail or GDrive is crippling for me. My own fault for not paying attention to what I was really buying. On to my question.....I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but there are several podcasts I would like to be able to listen to regularly and I am even subscribed to them but when I want to view or listen I have no CLUE where they are. Every time I have to go through the Apps/Podcasts/Search routine to find the one I want. This can't be right, can it?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My first smartphone....how do I pin or save podcasts?
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

On your homescreen, you will see a Green Xbox tile that says "Music and Videos", click on that

Once you open the app, swipe over till you find the tab "Collection". Under "Collection" you will find "podcasts". All your subscribed and downloaded podcast should be there.

Regarding your Gmail

From home screen swipe left to your app list > Click on Settings > Emails and Accounts > add an account >Google > sign in with your account > sync

Then go back to your app list and you will see now a Gmail app. Press and hold the app till "pin to start" box pops up. Then pin it to start

Regarding you GDrive ( Google's cloud service)

Microsoft already has their own cloud service called SkyDrive. Same thing as Gdrive but since this is a Windows Phone, everything will work around SkyDrive. Go to the store and download the SkyDrive app. Everything in your phone revolves around having the option of saving it to SkyDrive. You can access any documents or picture from SkyDrive from anywhere in the world, just like GDrive. Lets say you have an Excel document and since Windows Phones have built in Office 2013, you can save the file from your home computer to Skydrive.com. So when you are on the go, the SkyDrive app or Office app in your phone will automatically update and sync from SkyDrive and you can access your file and work it right from your phone. And as you know Microsoft Office (word, excel, powerpoint) is vastly superior than Google Docs.

Here take a look at the videos

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/skydrive/work-together-office#1TC=t1

View solution in original post

_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

On your homescreen, you will see a Green Xbox tile that says "Music and Videos", click on that

Once you open the app, swipe over till you find the tab "Collection". Under "Collection" you will find "podcasts". All your subscribed and downloaded podcast should be there.

Regarding your Gmail

From home screen swipe left to your app list > Click on Settings > Emails and Accounts > add an account >Google > sign in with your account > sync

Then go back to your app list and you will see now a Gmail app. Press and hold the app till "pin to start" box pops up. Then pin it to start

Regarding you GDrive ( Google's cloud service)

Microsoft already has their own cloud service called SkyDrive. Same thing as Gdrive but since this is a Windows Phone, everything will work around SkyDrive. Go to the store and download the SkyDrive app. Everything in your phone revolves around having the option of saving it to SkyDrive. You can access any documents or picture from SkyDrive from anywhere in the world, just like GDrive. Lets say you have an Excel document and since Windows Phones have built in Office 2013, you can save the file from your home computer to Skydrive.com. So when you are on the go, the SkyDrive app or Office app in your phone will automatically update and sync from SkyDrive and you can access your file and work it right from your phone. And as you know Microsoft Office (word, excel, powerpoint) is vastly superior than Google Docs.

Here take a look at the videos

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/skydrive/work-together-office#1TC=t1

My first smartphone....how do I pin or save podcasts?
lksquirrel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Fabulous answer. Thank you SO much!!!!

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

you are welcome

0 Likes