My Nokia Lumia 928 turned off completely and is unresponsive.
mpaul101

I bought my phone last week, and I was in the middle of a phone call and it completely went dead, and will not turn back on. It won't even come on when plugged into the charger. When I even try holding down the power button there is no response at all. It has been this way for a few hours now.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Nokia Lumia 928 turned off completely and is unresponsive.
PhantomVirus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did it suddenly get hot? I have seen instances where the thermal cut off kicks in - usually when using cheap Chinese chargers.

Any better? Assuming no  it may be time for a warrantee swap.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear mpaul101,

Oh my! Let's get your phone back up and running asap. I know how important it is to ensure you have a working phone. Prior to your phone powering off, did you have a full charge?

Can you try to press and hold the volume down key and power button at the same time. Does this power the device back up? If not, please reach out to us for further assistance.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
kjpj20678

i have this exact same problem. i was in the middle of texting and BAM it just shuts off and doesnt turn back on...even when i charge it for an hour, reset it with the volume and power botton. NOTHING works. please help it happened today and ive looked all over for a solution.

0 Likes
PhantomVirus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hold the DOWN volume button down and then hold the POWER button down. The

phone will vibrate after about 15 seconds and it should reboot - it's a

SOFT reset. FYI - I sent mine back for a replacement and am on replacement

#3 now with the same experience.....very disappointed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kjpj20678, we don't want this to be a problem for you. Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your device? Some application software can affect the performance of a device. It's recommended that you uninstall any unwanted applications and delete all unwanted text messages. You will then need to power your device off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted.

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi PhantomVirus,

I'm sorry to see that you are experiencing issues with your replacement device. When multiple replacements do not resolve an issue, it is an indication that issue is caused by a third party application tha is installed on the device. Please do a hard reset http://vz.to/17ruBKi and then install apps one at a time and test a few hours before each new app install to identify the culprit app and then remove for good.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
PhantomVirus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sadly I am on phone #4 and simply do not have the patience any longer. The

phone is great when it works and when I am not travelling in / out of

3G/LTE zones. There must be a problem with the IPv6 stack that nobody is

willing to admit to. I live in a LTE fringe area so the phone goes in/out

of LTE often.

Since the policy is that I cannot exchange phones it looks like I am not

left with any options other than to reactivate my old TROPHY (3G) that is

rock solid and isn't LTE. Anyone want to buy a 928 off contract?

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PhantomVirus,

By my count, that's three replacements too many. What's your zip code? Is this only a data connection issue when travelling in and out of this fringe areas? And has it been the exact same problem with each device? You may wish to pick up a new SIM for free at a local store to test http://bit.ly/3SdsA .

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
veryupset_user

I have the same problem on all three of my Nokia phones. Customer service sent out a replacement every 30 days and after 30 days my phone  turned off completely and is unresponsive to soft or hard reboots.

So i loss all my photos and need to reinstall all my apps and songs and videos again for the third time a whole day of transferring and getting some photos off the cloud again.

I wish customer service would admitt that Nokia Windows phone has Major issues they won't even exchange it for an iPhone or Android phone They only can give me a rebuild Nokia phone again for the FOURTH TIME

David

Software Engineer

0 Likes