My Lumia 928 resets itself! Help!
CincyEric
Enthusiast - Level 1

I love the Lumia 928 and the Windows Phone 8 platform.  However, I've had the phone for just a month, and while messaging, the phone will reset itself, while listening to music, it'll reset itself, and once during a call it reset itself.  It's frustrating.  I would love to use the phone for tracking my mileage while running, but I fear it'll reset itself during the run and render it pointless.  It also reset itself when I was using the Nokia Map GPS to find my way to a place.  Why is it doing this?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Lumia 928 resets itself! Help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is certainly not how we expect such an awesome device to perform, CincyEric. It doesn't appear to be a commonly reported issue. When you say it resets does the phone freeze & restart itself, just restart, or does it reset all your information as if you did a factory reset? Do any error messages appear just before or after this reset? Did you happen to notice this reset start after an update or application installed into the phone? I'll be looking forward to hearing about some more details.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is certainly not how we expect such an awesome device to perform, CincyEric. It doesn't appear to be a commonly reported issue. When you say it resets does the phone freeze & restart itself, just restart, or does it reset all your information as if you did a factory reset? Do any error messages appear just before or after this reset? Did you happen to notice this reset start after an update or application installed into the phone? I'll be looking forward to hearing about some more details.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
CincyEric
Enthusiast - Level 1

Right in the middle of typing or reading a text, the screen goes black as if it's turned off, then the phone goes through the start up (Nokia logo, Windows Phone Screen, then my home screen).  Sometimes, messages I had just deleted re-appear, or messages I sent no longer appear.  Same restart happens while listening to music for extended periods of time.

Also, the last two days the screen has frozen, and I've had to do a hard reset to get it to work again.  And yesterday while the phone was on and wifi was on, it wasn't finding my home wireless network.

No error messages appear.

It doesn't reset any of my information.

0 Likes
CincyEric
Enthusiast - Level 1

....just now, on my way back from lunch, I'm listening to the music.  Second song it, the music stops, I look at my phone, and it's in the middle of a reset.

WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!  It's driving me bonkers.  I don't want to go back to Apple or Android.

0 Likes
Julius
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Lumia 928 also does the same (random auto restarts during calls, while web browsing, while setting up my alarm, etc.) with no error messages. This is my 2nd replacement 928. My 3rd replacement arrives tomorrow.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi CincyEric,

Thanks for the additional details! Has there been any liquid or physical damage to the device? How long after you Hard Reset the device does this issue start to occur again? I know you have only had this device one month, when did this issue start? Keep me posted

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
CincyEric
Enthusiast - Level 1

No damage to it whatsoever.  Your Twitter folk told me to do a hard reset last night.  I did so.

This morning I sent them an update via twitter.  Then I hit the back key to get out of twitter back to the home screen, and the phone restarted.  So it was basically 9 hours later.  I haven't tested playing my music for extended period of time to see if it still happens there.  I may use the GPS directions to go home at lunch just to test that out.

0 Likes
CincyEric
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last night while listening to music, the phone reset twice in an hour.

This morning, the phone was sitting on my desk, no apps running, just sitting in standby.  Twice in 15 minutes the phone reset itself.  This is becoming incredibly frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details CincyEric. Did you maintain or restore your existing apps? What specific app are you using for music? How about messaging? Did you try to power the device off and restart since the reset? How about testing a different music or messaging app?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
CincyEric
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your twitter folk called me yesterday after discussing with them how it restarted 6 or 7 times yesterday morning.  Thankfully I was within my 30 days so they had me go to a corporate store and get a new one.  So far so good on the new one, but I'm only 1 day into it.  We'll see if any problems creep up.  Hopefully my first one was just a bad one.

0 Likes