My Battery is at 36% at Noon after unplugging it at 7:30am
Ultimateone

This is my 1st day with the device after charging it from 40ish % when I picked up the phone last night. I have 3g service, have location, wifi, bluetooth off and it drained incredibly fast idle. I have sent 1 text and that is it, only app running backrground tasks is the TWC tile.

Is this normal or does the phone learn after a few days for better battery life?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: My Battery is at 36% at Noon after unplugging it at 7:30am
primortal
Master - Level 1

I had a similar problem with my phone and it took a few days to level out.  Also make sure the Nokia extra+info has been updated.  I swear since it was updated the other day my battery performance got a little bit better.

I get emails and text along with have wifi, bluetooth and NFC enabled and I get a pretty decent battery life.

0 Likes
My Battery is at 36% at Noon after unplugging it at 7:30am
Ultimateone

Could you explain what Nokia Extra+ is?

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Its an option in the Settings it only displays info about the device.  Not sure what else it does behind the scenes.

0 Likes
Ultimateone

Phone just died, can't even check it out now... ugh

0 Likes
Nicklong04

I am a proud new owner of the Nokia Lumia 822, but won't be receiving it until Monday.  I wanted to throw some info out there as it relates to rechargeable batteries. 

I work for a Motorola two-way radio provider in Davie, FL.  We, literally, have thousands of batteries for 15 different types of digital and analog walkie-talkie, as well as the new 'Nextel' type phones from two of Verizon's competitors. 

Any device that uses a rechargeable a battery must 'condition' the new battery first.  If you do not do this, you can permanently shorten the amount of power that the battery can store.  As far as consumer electronics are concerned , ALL RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES need to be fully 'conditioned' before they can be used to their maximum capabilities. Any item that requires constant recharging, every laptop, cellphones or digital camera must 'condition' their new batteries, right out of the box, if they want to get the most from their gadget.

It's actually a pretty simple process: 

1. First, charge the new battery completely....100%
  2. Now drain it COMPLETELY.  I mean 0%. Not 20% or 10%, but all the way to 0%
  3. Repeat this process 2 more times in succession.
  4. You're Done!  You will never 'have' to do that again.

If you follow these steps, your new battery will give you up to 30% more life, than if you didn't.

For those of you who weren't aware of this step, I apologize for not piping up earlier.

Sorry! Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in. Anybody got change for a nickel?

0 Likes
Nicklong04

Hi. How's the battery life situation coming along?

I took the plunge and got the 822.  After conditioning my battery, I now get  tons of battery life.  For example, I unplugged my phone at 7:30 this am and I still have 40% left.  And I used the heck out of this phone. All day!

I bought a back up battery, because I can't always plug in when I want to, and when I use the two batteries, back to back, I can go 3 days with out plugging in.

I freakin' love this phone!

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

I did the things you said and boy it works wonders, took phone off charger and standby for 7 hours and 0% went down thats really good lol. and using it and the hotspot i got total of about 18 hours not bad for a 1,800 mah battery.

0 Likes
Nicklong04

You are now burdened with spreading the word! 🙂

0 Likes