Migrating from WinMo 6.5 to Windows Phone
BeemerRider
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been using an HTC Ozone with Windows Mobile 6.5 Standard.  In order to get ALL of my "live.com" calendar entries, contacts, email and tasks synched wirelessly (pushed) to my phone I had to set my live email address up as an Outlook account using the exchange address for hotmail (live).  No big deal.

I've ordered and am waiting for my HTC Trophy to arrive.  I'm looking over the features and manual online here at VZW.  In the initial set up it mentions using my live address.  If I do that will it sync my contacts and calendar (I already know it won't do my tasks)?

OR

Or should I set my live mail up as an Outlook/Corporate email account using the exchange address?  Or does it not matter which one I do.

I do have another hotmail (custom domain office live account) that I receive email from.  I don't use the calendar there or the contact list as I only use my one from the live account.

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers.

Chris

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Migrating from WinMo 6.5 to Windows Phone
BeemerRider
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured it out.  Worked just fine with the live address and no need for the exchange address on the other account.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Migrating from WinMo 6.5 to Windows Phone
BeemerRider
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured it out.  Worked just fine with the live address and no need for the exchange address on the other account.

0 Likes