Microsoft Fitness Band..
B33
Legend

Microsoft Introduces a Fitness Band & App  to help with Health.. Nice

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/10/30/microsoft-introduces-199-fitness-band-and-microsoft-health-app/

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Microsoft Fitness Band..
primortal
Master - Level 1

It's is nice.  Sadly we can use with our Lumia devices being the Band needs Cyan which is still in "testing", Microsoft: 'Work is underway' on Verizon's Lumia Cyan Updates

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea that is kind of Sad.. And It looks like a nice Fitness band too.. Hopefully things will get on the move to were it all can work together..

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
spinr0k
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been lurking watching all the comments for some time just waiting for Verizon to give us some hope I will get 8.1 for my Icon sometime soon.  This launch is so important to me I actually went through all of VZ's crap to create an account so I could post.

The band is nowhere near as powerful as it could be with Cortana voice commands.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well Hopefully things will Improve..

primortal
Master - Level 1

spinr0k wrote:

The band is nowhere near as powerful as it could be with Cortana voice commands.

Please elaborate.  I wouldn't expect Cortana to be part of the Band's OS.  The Band doesn't have that much computing power, storage for the OS or 3G/4G connection to talk to Bing servers.

0 Likes
spinr0k
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using the bands voice capabilities greatly enhances Cortana, being able to set notes and appointments from my wrist rather than pulling out the phone is why I want one.  There are lots of times I am driving or not in a position to pull my phone out, I can't wait to be able to try out Cortana and the band in these situations.

The fitness aspect is cool but I am getting it for the organizational help, having Cortana looks like it will be a great improvement, but I won't know that till VZ releases 8.1.

0 Likes
op2388
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cortana isn't in the OS of the band per-se but since it's a bluetooth device, it has access to her just as when you use the bluetooth in a car and ask to "Call Cortana". I do know it has that capability because it was shown in one of the videos.

0 Likes
spinr0k
Enthusiast - Level 2

Correct, Cortana is in the 8.1 update (never said it was in the band), without Cortana the band is not as powerful as it could (SHOULD) be.

One more reason why VZ needs to hurry up and release 8.1 official.  I have a business owned phone so if I run the preview and something goes wrong its my butt on the line.

0 Likes