Re: Major Issues with Windows Phone 8x (resets, inconsistent battery, powers off)
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

Unfortunately you have to be persistent to get them to relent and exchange it.

I'd remind them your replacement phone ended up having the same issues so it's obviously a bad software deployment.

My replacement HTC (before I got the Nokia) worked great until it updated to the latest software updates.

0 Likes
Re: Major Issues with Windows Phone 8x (resets, inconsistent battery, powers off)
studio680
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh I did, believe me. I was pushing very hard and very persistent about the non-working replacement.

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

I'd keep bugging them. I had to a few times.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Major_Payne,

We want your device running smoothly as all times, we're always here to help you. Please complete a hard reset and make sure there are no restores from backup or previous information downloaded after http://vz.to/1aZCXhN . Keep us posted.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
studio680
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's disappointing that you guys are paying so little attention to these things that you respond to the user who has already changed phones and not the users still having problems.

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

Do you all actually read these before firing off the canned responses?

I was trying to help Studio. I don't have this problematic phone anymore.

So I'm good.

0 Likes
coinneachfitzpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

My 8X has the same issues as w4rped. During a road trip last week, my both of my nav apps (Navigon and Waze) completely locked up (which never happened with my 822), and last night it hung when I tried to enter the PIN to unlock the screen. There have been lockups with other apps as well. Sometimes the phone will slurp 50% of the battery in an hour with nothing going on, other times it'll sit at 99% while charging and take two hours to get that last 1%, either by USB cable or on my charging pad. It's the most horribly inconsistent and unreliable piece of (removed) I've ever owned, but apparently I'm stuck with it while I'm on Edge.

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
coinneachfitzpatrick
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, whichever mod found it necessary to delete the word KIT, you're out of your mind.

0 Likes
SBYates
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had 3 different Windows Phone 8X by HTC and ever single one of them has had interment issues sending text, power off on their own, and then not turning back on. I refuse to make another warranty claim, yes, it is the 3rd under warranty claim. To get the same phone, and expect a different result. Like I said, all 3 phones have had to same problem.

PatGrif

My 8x has been having the same problems as W4rped, but also a couple not mentioned. My phone randomly reboots, but its not just a small issue. On numerous occasions I kept track of just how many times it rebooted/shut it self off and reached atleast 70 times/day very frequently. My phone has also gone into seemingly never ending cycles of restarting and shutting off without stopping. These cycles can and have lasted between 10 and 30 minutes. I'm currently having a serious problem where it will try to turn on, but will fail to after the HTC loading screen and repeat. It has been doing this for a week now without stopping. Even after it dies, it will continue to do so after plugging it in.

0 Likes