Re: Major Issues with Windows Phone 8x (resets, inconsistent battery, powers off)
vzwsanrafael

I'm having similar issues and they've gotten considerably worse over the past couple weeks.  My HTC 8 is powering itself off about 10 times per day and often can't send text messages.  Becoming a real problem as my main communication device for family needs/emergencies.  This phone is a mess.

0 Likes
Re: Major Issues with Windows Phone 8x (resets, inconsistent battery, powers off)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm here to help clean up your device vzwsanrafael! I understand you stated it has gotten worse recently. When did the difficulties first start? Are you manually power cycling the device also? Have you tried giving it a full charge with it completely powered off? What messaging app are you using? When happens when you attempt to send a message?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzwsanrafael

Thank you for following up with me. I have some answers and some updates.

The main problem has been the device powering itself off. This started a

couple weeks ago, and gradually got worse every day until it was doing it

10+ times per day. After posting my comments on the Verizon Community, I

did more internet research and decided to try advice I had seen about

re-seating the SIM card. So I did that, and the problem immediately

stopped -- the device hasn't powered itself off since then. However, I am

having a new problem with the device connecting to / syncing with Wi-Fi.

Whereas the device previously would sync e-mails on Wi-Fi regularly and

with no problem, the device no longer syncs automatically. And when I try

to sync e-mail manually (using the refresh button on e-mail), the device

will not sync. I have determined that I can usually overcome this by going

into Settings and disconnecting the device from Wi-Fi and then immediately

reconnecting it to Wi-Fi, at which point I can manually sync the e-mail

with no problem. And to be clear, the problem is not just with e-mail. I

can't use Wi-Fi for any other apps unless I go through these steps.

You asked about messaging. I was occasionally having problems sending

texts when I was having the problems with the device powering itself off.

Now that I have re-seated the SIM card, that problem has not recurred. I'm

using the messaging app that came with the phone, i.e., no other apps.

With regard to your other questions:

- I am occasionally power-cycling the device manually.

- I have not tried charging the device with the power off.

I would love any help you could provide. These issues are very frustrating

and have affected communications for my family and for my business. I

would hate to have to upgrade my pone just to deal with the problems of a

device which is less than a year old.

Thank you for your service!

-- Mark Wood

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
bwsu

This doesn't work. I've "followed" ArnettH_VZW, but he's not following me. I cannot send a direct message. Why don't one of you send a direct message to me, so I can reply to that....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mark Wood, I'm happy to hear that some of your issues have been resolved. We are moving in the right direction. I was wondering if your email and apps were able to sync over our 4G network or does it not download data at all? Also, have you tried other public wifi connections besides the primary one you have been using? My next best suggestion is to delete the current saved wifi connection in the phone and then re-add the network. To delete the wifi setting, you will:

1. Go to the Start screen and swipe left to display application list
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Wifi
4. Select and long hold the Wifi network
5. Select Delete

You will then go in an re-add the network. Let me know if this helps or if you see a change. Thanks!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry bwsu. We are now following your and you can send your direct message. We look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
oldCAguy

We bought this phone for our son November 2012. It has had all the above problems. We got a replacement phone (same model) about a month ago, and while the SIM problem has been solved, it still has problems texting. He has to try a number of times before it sends. He uses the text app that came with the phone. He has very few, if any, apps other than what came with the phone.

I want a different phone for him! He had a Droid X before, and we were really happy with it, so we want to switch back to a Droid phone. Period. It is very important for us to be able to communicate with him (health issues.)

We are long-time Verizon customers and pay lots and lots for our services. The phone was expensive. I don't want any more hassle, just a different phone!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OldCAguy,
I am sorry to hear that your son is having problems with his device. You stated that he was having problems text messaging and has to try a couple of times before the message sends.  Is he getting an error message? If so, what does the message say.  How long has he had this problem with text messaging? Is he able to receive text messages ok?

Thank you,
RobinD_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
oldCAguy

Thanks for your response, Robin. He says there is no error message per se.

It just says "Try again." He says it always sends on the third try. If

there is any way possible, we don't want to keep the HTC. This is the

second HTC, and we would highly prefer to return to an Android phone.

Harry

<< Personal information removed >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

oldCAguy,

We certainly want him to have a working device because communication is important. We can review account for options, because standardly the warranty allows for a replacement of the same make and model. Please follow me at TonyG_VZW and send me a DM with your mobile number and billing password. Also your sons number. I am sure we can find a viable option to get this fixed.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes