Re: Major Issues with Windows Phone 8x (resets, inconsistent battery, powers off)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

1client (John),

Thank you for all of the detailed information. I'm thinking we may need to explore replacement options to get you into a working phone. Please Direct Message me following these steps: http://vz.to/1cOOY6O . I have already requested to follow you.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Major Issues with Windows Phone 8x (resets, inconsistent battery, powers off)
studio680
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've also been having about all of the above issues: SIM card reporting itself missing, dropping calls with full service, losing all connection with full service and needing to reboot to send/receive any messages or browse the internet (multiple times daily), randomly powering itself off, and I've even watched it turn off while plugged into the charger, fully charged, and then say the battery was dead.

I went through this for quite a while with my first 8x before going into a store and getting a replacement. I've had this new refurb for only a few months and it's already almost as bad as the first one.

It's clearly a problem with the 8x model. Am I going to have to just keep getting new refurbished phones every two months for another year until my upgrade hits or pay full or more than full new price to change models?

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

@Studio680

After suffering the same issues with my original and a replacement phone I got them to exchange my 8 X HTC for the Nokia Lumina 928.

The Nokia has worked great since I got it. No more of the problems I had with the 8 X HTC.

I'd contact support and ask them to swap you out.

I'm glad I did.

studio680
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'd *love* to switch to a Lumia - in fact, I was trying to hold off upgrading a year ago until it came to Verizon, but my Android phone (also HTC) started doing very similar stuff, so I bit for the 8x.

How exactly did you get them to do that? Phoned up support?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

Called them up.

If you have your previous incident number you can give them that. As I had a history with the phone, replacement etc.

I asked them to do the exchange for no extra costs.

To which he had to get a supervisor to ok it. I'm not the only person who has done this so be persistent with them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

studio680, thanks for these details. We don't want this to be an issue on your replacement device, as well. Did you download the same applications to your device that you had before? If so, please be advised that some 3rd party applications can affect the performance of your device. Try uninstalling a few applications in the Settings of your phone and keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
studio680
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went through a full system reset before trading in the phone, which didn't help. I've put back on nearly zero extra apps.

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

Studio.

I did all that as well. As I suspect your time is valuable as mine is I'd suggest calling their support and press them from a replacement Nokia.

Since I got the Nokia Lumina 928 I haven't had any of these issues that I went through (like you and many others have been going through)

I put up with months of it, a replacement phone only to have it do the same thing.

It's so obvious that it's a bad software update. My replacement 8 X HTC worked great until it was pushed GDR3 then all the problems started to happen on it.

0 Likes
studio680
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I am aware. Kind of a matter of finding the time to hang out on the phone waiting with busy work days!

Thanks again for your help though!

0 Likes
studio680
Enthusiast - Level 2

Stonewalled, elevated, and stonewalled.

I don't want to have to tell people that Verizon refuses to actually put their customers in a working device without money out of pocket, but apparently that's the case.

0 Likes