Re: Major Issues with Windows Phone 8x (resets, inconsistent battery, powers off)
5barbie6

I'm glad I was researching information and found this thread.  My husband and I both have the HTC 8X and have had nothing but problems after the first couple of months of use.  My husband purchased his in February of 2013 and I purchased mine in May of 2013.  We have both experienced all of the above issues over and over.  We have tried all of the above solutions  and as you can see by the previous comments nothing is solving these issues.  My husband is on his 2nd phone and I have had my SIM card replaced.  My husbands phone froze and then wouldn't turn on at all after the lightning bolt and gear symbols.  I have had these symbols as well but I've been a little luckier and mine has turned back on after some time.  I didn't see any sense in getting a replacement phone because it made no difference for my husband, I've just been dealing with it.  Unfortunately now I need to replace my phone because I have recently fallen and my phone flew out of my hand and cracked the screen right in front of the camera so it distorts the pictures taken with the front camera. We too wish we had never bought this phone.  We are both highly disappointed with it and wish we had purchased the Nokia Lumia instead.  I prefer not to have to pay $99 to get a replacement phone for something that I have been having problems with for virtually the whole length of time that I've had it.  I would like to have both of our phones replaced with a Nokia Lumia so that we have phones that work.  Our cell phones are our only form of communication with our 6 children and other family members like my elderly parents and for my husband's work.  Would greatly appreciate any help you can offer other than all the things that we've already tried and done. 

Thank You,

Debbie

0 Likes
Re: Major Issues with Windows Phone 8x (resets, inconsistent battery, powers off)
vzwsanrafael

I am following up on my earlier posting on the Verizon Wireless Community and our resulting e-mail exchange.  I would like to know what the process is to try to get a replacement for my HTC 8X.  While the tips you offered have provided occasional relief, the phone still has problems of some sort every day.  Like before, it still powers off at least once per day and frequently has problems sending text messages.  I have now also had the "lightning bolt and gear" screen that prevented me from turning the phone off or on for about an hour.  So I am at wits end with the phone and would like a replacement.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I'm worried that Verizon will not honor this as a defective phone issue because the phone does have a cracked screen from being dropped.  But the drop occurred more than 6 months ago, and the problems I'm describing did not begin until a couple months ago.  And now, from my research and from the thread in the Community, I can tell that the problem is inherent in the phone and not likely related to the cracked screen.

Please help!  This phone is completely unreliable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for reaching out again, vzwsanrafael. We certainly want you to have a reliable phone. With the crack, we won't be able to replace it with the manufacturer warranty. If you have insurance, you would need to file a claim with Asurion http://bit.ly/07CrqPK.
This would be the only way for you to get a replacement.
You may be able to check with the manufacturer to see if they are able to repair it for you since it does have the crack.
HTC http://www.htc.com/www/support/  866-449-8358. I do aplogize for any inconvenience this may have caused.  -Tamara

0 Likes
esjonz35

Why would those of us having issues with these phones want to pay the $80 insurance fee to replace this piece of junk phone because it's cracked?  I have been a Verizon Customer for almost 20 years.....and if I do have to pay for a replacement, I certainly don't want another one of these phones.  This phone is equivalent to the "Chocolate" junk phone I had years ago, which verizon replaced.

0 Likes
Bulletlynn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having the SIM card error and random issues with text messages. The last couple of weeks I have been getting the SIM card error almost once a day. This is my second 8x, the first one had the same issues before I had to replace it with a cracked screen.

I did the white screen test and my phone is showing as PM2310001 P S WP8

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to see that you're seeing this SIM card issue and texting issues on your phone. Have you ever had the SIM card replaced? I have an HTC DNA and contacting HTC at 866-449-8358 to get a replacement SIM card worked for me. What specific issues are you having with texting?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

SIM card tray replacement had no impact on my test message issues FYI.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get those messages flowing Major Payne! Fill us in on the details, what exactly is happening with your messaging? Are you receiving any errors when you send/receive? Keep us posted!

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
emmers

I am so disappointed in this phone.  I had, and loved so much, an HTC Trophy.  I upgraded to the 8X as soon as I could, to get Windows Phone 8, and gave my Trophy to my mom.  Now when I see her I want so badly to snatch it back.

I have already had a warranty replacement of the 8x for the issues described in this thread, and the replacement phone is exhibiting some of the same problems: dropped calls, randomly powering off, randomly rebooting, and frequent failures to send text messages (Can't send message Try Again).

This device has let me down too often.  I can't depend on it for work, family, travel, and certainly not in emergencies. I am heartsick and disgusted when I look at it.

I think I want to try the Samsung ATIV Odyssey to try to recapture some of that Trophy feeling with WP8 - at least it's smaller and has a removable battery.  I'm 14 months away from an upgrade - Verizon, do I have any options going through you other than paying full price?  I'd like to know before I go buy a used one on eBay. 

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

@AshleyS_VZW

Please see the following threads as they describe the issue I and others have been having (There are additional threads as well)

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1043686#1043686

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1043715#1043715

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1043714#1043714

0 Likes